Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Not Much To Report

Well there was Sarah who won June's K.A.Y.E. prize.

Don't know what I'm talking about? Click the link. And don't despair June people who didn't win. Your name goes in the big year-end drawing pool.

Other than that things have been very quiet around here.

Lily Cardigan is starting to annoy me because I'm a slow knitter and I want it done NOW!

Same goes for the second tiger sock for Chunky. I took a nap at work at lunch today instead of working on it. I worked til 10:30 p.m. last night helping file a brief. Didn't get home til 11:00 p.m. and didn't get to bed til midnight. And it was hot. And a silly cat wanted to snuggle. And then when I fell asleep all I dreamt about was work. There was some sex in the dream, but it was with hubby--at work. Good lord, I need to get out more!

Whoever invented E-filing needs to be shot. Now attorneys can procrastinate until 11:59 p.m. the day a brief is due to file online. Back in the old days they only had til 4:00 or 4:30 p.m. the day it was due to get it to the clerk's office in time.

But I have been spinning.

100_6058

That's some Spunky Eclectic that Zanti gifted me with. I spun it while hanging out with Tamara and Karen at Karen's new Jersey digs on Saturday. Tamara brought her beanlets, and I brought Chunky, and of course Karen's Dan was there--so we had a good time spinning while the kiddies entertained themselves. It was cool to see some "real" wheels up close and personal now that I know how to spin and have my own wheel.

The pot garden has also taken off (since I have no knitting to show you).

100_6045

I've been pinching back the dead flowers on this mother's day petunia like Ina suggested. And she's right. It's still going strong. I love this little flower!

100_6049

Some bachelor buttons a/k/a cornflowers.

100_6046

My socks are rockin'. That's the allysium side blooming there.

100_6047

The cukes are starting to flower.

And although the lettuce and the peas have pretty much run their course, in thinning the peas the other day I discovered this in the pot:

100_6056

That would be a pumpkin. From last year's jack o'lanterns to be exact. Ah the joy of composting!

I think I'll leave him there. Once the peas are completely done, I'll remove what I can of them and see what this pumpkin will do. I've got sugar pumpkins properly planted but a jack o'lantern pumpkin wouldn't hurt!

In Chunky news he grabbed the camera to photo document some recently homeless starlings.

100_6035

The big storm we had a month ago must have loosened the overhang over one of Zorba's windows. Each spring starlings come to nest there and raise their babies. Luckily I think their babies had all flown the coop when this came down. It now rests next to the overhand that used to be above Zorba's porch.

And finally speaking of loose things coming off...this happened today.

100_6061

Sigh. My baby!

So I guess you could say there is a tad bit to report!

Labels: , , , , ,

22 Comments:

Anonymous joymama said...

Your garden is doing very well!
Very nice flowers.

Chunky is totally adorable!

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I like the color of your spun yarn. That is great about the jack-o-latern pumpkin. Who knows maybe you will get one or two off the thing for this fall.

Where has my Grandbaby gone!!!

Love, Mom

PS: I can't believe that I was able to get in this early on your comments.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Phew! Tons going on! Spinning and filing and dreaming *grin* and gardening and loosing teeth.

I'd let the pumpkin grow, too. I love "volunteers", and I often let them go to see what happens. I've often been gifted with something wonderful and unexpected. My most prolific "volunteer" this year has been dill, which self-seeds ... and most certainly did ;).

10:01 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Well, your yarn is looking terrific! And a kid losing teeth is big news! Lots going on Chez Bezzie!

10:25 PM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

LOVE the garden progress. You are an inspiration to someone like me that has no motivation to keep up any sort of garden to now want to! I hope work slows down for you after this push!

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Valerie said...

Yeah, the e-filing is both a blessing and a curse. I don't understand the lawyers who want to make unnecessary changes up until the very last second (or who procrastinate necessary changes until then). It's not like it's a surprise the brief is due that day.

Ok, enough bitching. :) The garden and yarn look great!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Your pot garden looks great. And the plied yarn is awesome as well. Chunky minus tooth is extremely cute!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Pretty flowers, and nice spinning! I sure hope you're paid hourly and not salaried, so you get paid overtime for all those extra hours you've been working!

Awww, Chunky lost his first tooth? If you've told him about the Tooth Fairy, all those teeth are going to cost you as they come out!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Disco said...

I had to look really carefully at the pumpkin shot - it looked like a cartoon pea. Now I get it though (blush!).

The cornflowers are my favourite. I forgot how pretty they were.

Congrats to Chunky on his first tooth loss - I hope the tooth fairy was good to him ;0)

7:41 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

compost is good for "voluntary" plants. And for some reason, we often got unexpected pumpkins. They must be hardy seeds. When Emily lost a tooth, the tooth fairy forgot one night. It happened to be summer so I told her the tooth fairy was afraid of the window fan and we should take the fan out for the night. Phew. She believed me and the tooth fairy remembered to come the next night. The things we do to our children's psyches....

8:24 AM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Hey, Petunia-Twin! Your garden is looking great, and a surprise pumpkin too.....keep the pictures coming ;-)
Congrats to Chunky, that photo is lovely

8:31 AM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

I might have to save some seeds from this year's pumpkins, just to see if I can get any next year! We got our pumpkins at Rhinebeck wicked cheap last year (like $2 each or something!).

The yarn looks gorgeous!!! It looks like you might have to make something for your mom with it.

I remember losing one tooth as a kid. It was loose, and I wouldn't let my dad near it to wriggle it out. I was playing with my friends and fell across one of our picnic table benches, and out popped the tooth!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Yay Chunky! I didn't lose my first tooth until I was in 3rd grade, so I don't have high hopes for Willow anytime soon!

9:43 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

I'm very impressed that you were able to identify the pumpkin! 'Cause, you know, all I see is leaf.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

I love it when kids get their own jack'o lantern smile! My last one just had hers last year, now she has these big'ol bugs bunny teeth to grow into.

1:09 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Everytime I see your garden I want one so bad. I think I'll have to figure out a way to foil the deer and get my garde going.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Congrats to CHunky on losing the tooth!

Your spun yarn is really pretty. I'm surprised you're using blue since you said you were tired of blue. I love blue...tis my fav color.

I hate e-filing too! Lawyers are the worst kind of procrastinators...with large egos to boot. At least you'll have a fatter paycheck. I can't wait to see mine after last week's OT fun.

4:52 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

You're becoming quite the spinner!

And Chunky is cute as ever! How much does the tooth fairy leave these days?

5:15 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Yay garden! very nice spinning. Cute pumpkin. Chunky too...

6:47 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Awwww, Chunky lost a tooth! ::sniff:: he'll be turning 15 before you know it!
Great garden this year!

8:31 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Definately stuff to talk about!! Look at that cutie who lost a tooth!

Your handspun is spinning up so nicely! Love that color!

And I hope working late at least means a little bit of overtime?!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

I swear, those felted socks just crack me up! :)

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home