Thursday, July 03, 2008

Tiger Lily

I swear I started these socks in March.

100_6064

Chunky's feet will have outgrown them by the time it's cold enough to wear them. Maybe they'll be growing something in them next summer?

100_6062

And Lily. Black knitting is hard to photograph and boring to see until it's done. I'm almost done with the waist decreases and then it's on to do about fifty five more rows which will include the waist increases. Then it's just the side and neck knitting and done!

I'm thinking I'll cast on Shetland Shortie next. I realized I don't have much of a summer short sleeved wardrobe, but I do have an ample supply of colored tank tops.

Not really kosher for the workplace. I've got some blue Sinfonia that Mamma sent me eons ago as part of a SP round (cheapass SP--the only kind I've ever done!). I think it will be perfect for a Shetland Shortie.

And then for my birthday last week, my two second and third string bosses (gotta respect the attorney heirachy!) got me this.

100_6065

Oh the temptation! I can't decide if I should spend it maybe here, or here, Or maybe save it until something really jumps out at me or on something sensible or an emergency.

Aw heck, maybe I can use it to buy catfood.

100_6066
Iz hait waitng for hers to finsh stuffink hers faz!

(Yeah, I'll never be a good LOL Cat captioner!)

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

You know, the worst thing about becoming a cheap-ass is when I get gift cards I don't know what to do with them ;). I usually wait until I need something, and I usually forget I have them :). I had a Victoria's Secret gift card for like a year before I finally spent it :).

8:01 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I really like the sock. Maybe Chunky's feet will still fit into them. The Lily cardigan is hard to see but I looked at the link pattern and it looks like its going to be really pretty when finished. Ooh gift card! I say splurge on yourself! You're lucky your bosses remember your birthday. My boss doesn't remember any of our even though we've all been there more than 5 years.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

I always think I'm gonna get me a little something with a gift card and then I buy milk or some other boring food item. or, I buy the kids shoes or underwear....yes I am dull.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Criosa said...

kids feet seem to grow more in length than width, don't they? if not, knitting stretches - just leave the toes off until it's almost cold and then figure out how long they need to be and finish them up.

my boss gave me a gift card for my (work) anniversary a couple months ago - still haven't figured out what to spend it on. I should figure that out soon before it's monthly admin/maintenance charge kicks in...

9:15 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

I like tigerlily..hey, you aren't finished the foot, maybe it'll still fit! Hmmm I'd hold onto it for a bit...although your new habit may make it hard to do so ;) hehe

12:00 AM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Yay for almost done sweaters!! Can't wait to see Lily finished!

I definately think birthday money should be spent on you...at least half of it, if not all! Enjoy!

12:59 AM  
Blogger Brena said...

Woohoo!!!! Those gift cards are the best. I love the Shetland Shortie pattern.

7:41 AM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Cute kitties! Congrats on the gift card! That's a sweet gift! The sock is coming along well. You know they stretch so it'll be all good!

8:52 AM  
Blogger sherry said...

Glad things are going your way! I am glad you could find a place that takes American Express. Guess they are trying to "high class" you.

Love the art work too.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

We had to stop with the free-choice kitty feedins around here. Pagan would eat all the food just to deny it to the others. and then projectile vomit a few minutes later cause she ate too much. Yuck.

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know Chunkie's feet are probably as big as mine if not bigger. If the socks don't fit him you can gift them to me for Christmas!!! Your sweater is looking good. As for your gift card....Darn! That is a hard one need so much but want even more. You decide! Does Springs really wait for Squeaky to finish eating? Love, Mom

12:58 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

You have to channel the cat to successfully lolcaptionize. You did well though. Calvin would understand it easily. =)

and just knit the toe a different color. That way you can easily rip back and add length to it when his feet grow.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I love the socks. I want the gift card and your cats are too cute!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home