Monday, August 11, 2008

4 of 6

First up, thanks for your comments on the RH Tulip sweater.

I guess I'm feeling bad, YYB's wife is a nice girl, and I think we all have certainly have met those people that don't appreciate the handknit stuff...so I should be nicer. I think that recycled name thing just hit me and my hormonal self wrong.

But onward and upward!

Hat number 4 for the B6 Clan is done! The B6 Clan was founded by my Younger Brother (older than my Younger Younger Brother) and his wife.

Hat number 4 is for the eldest B6 kid. I believe he's a low-number teenager. (Mrs. B6 will have to back me up/call me out on this.) So I had to go with something a teenaged dude might like.

I'm hoping he has the same dorky style I have. Because this is one cool hat.

100_6181

Yes, I realize it's a white hat and on a very white person, it looks, well, pretty damn lame.

But Eldest B6 inherited his mom's complexion which is more San Diegian Sunny than Alaskan Pasty White.

But what makes this hat "cool?"

It folds down to this:

100_6177

Ha ha! Now that will be warm in Colorado!!!

The details:

Pattern: Jackyll & Hide from Fall Knitty 2007.

Yarn: Vanna's Choice in white.

Needles: US 7

Notes: I loved making this. It was relatively quick--although it longer than the other hats I'm making for the B6 Clan as it's basically a ski mask. And I don't care what people say about Vanna's Choice. I love that crap! Cheap, soft, and washable. It will never replace my TLC Cotton Plus as Best Cheap Yarn Ever, but it's certainly in the top 10.

Only two more hats to go!

Labels: ,

24 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Forget a teen loving it...I love it! That is the best hat ever!!!

Great face too!

7:50 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

That is one bitchin' hat.

That is all.

-T.

8:23 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Awesome!! And you know what, Vanna's Choice isn't that bad at all. I bought some for some Hats for Alex and I really enjoyed working with it!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

That is so sool...makes me think of Jack Skeleton. My daughter would love that!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

That is an awesome hat!! Great job! hehe

10:08 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Awesome! How could he not love it!

11:15 PM  
Blogger Linnea said...

Awesome. I totally need one for work. And I'm not (cough) that far (cough, cough) from teenagerhood, if you skewer the math, at least, and therefore pronounce it totally teenage-appropriate.

4:07 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Creepy yet cool! I like it!

5:57 AM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

It came out fantastic!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Disco said...

He will be the talk of the town, and LOVE it.

Great hat.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

How could a kid not like that hat? It's perfect.

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HoHoHoHo!!! That is one COOL hat!! That is so like the Eldest B6. He will look great in it. Love, Mom

PS: I like the face you have one modeling the up way to wear it.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

Cool

10:20 AM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Eek! What kid wouldn't love that?

10:24 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Perfect! What a great idea!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Cool hat!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

That is a sweet hat! What teen wouldn't love it? I know several of mine certainly would!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

You look a little like Jack, the Pumpkin King ... and who doesn't love A Nightmare Before Christmas :).

8:56 PM  
Anonymous birdie said...

Dude, I'm pretty sure he loves The Nightmare Before Christmas, so he should totally dig that hat. It's pretty freaking sweet!

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

HAHAHAHA! that's a funny hat! love it!

(and the baby cardigan was very cute too!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Sex-ay photo of you wearing a very very cool hat

10:36 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Great hat!

10:56 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Awesome! Now what teenage dude wouldn't love that hat! You may of course, just get the teenage dude I'm too cool for emotions head nod, but inside, he'll be like a three-year-old, jumping up and down!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous nikBudnik said...

Oh My God. You hit that freakin nail right on the goddam head. He. Will. Love. It.

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home