Sunday, August 31, 2008

5 of 6

Hat number 5 of 6 is done in my mess o'hats for the B6 Clan for Christmas when they'll find themselves living in Colorado around Denver.

If you're just tuning in for the first time, my Younger Brother has been stationed at a base in North Carolina for geeze, a long time now. Long enough where I don't think his family of 6 have many winter-clothes.

As soon as I heard he had orders to PCS to Colorado around Denver (maybe they'll make him live in Denver, but Denver-proper isn't really a family-friendly city, there are plenty of nice suburbs in very close proximity that I'm sure they'll end up in), I set out to knit everyone in his family a hat for Christmas.

Now I KNOW his wife reads this blog, so I can't show you hat number 5 of 6. (And yes, I'm aware that she will probably read this and know she's getting a hat. As such she'll be getting an extra little somethin' somethin' for Xmas from me so she's not completely jacked of the Christmas-surprise experience.)

However, if you're plugged in to the Place That Shall Not Be Named, you may see it here.

I hate it when other bloggers do that shit--thus excluding anyone who isn't plugged in to TPTSNBN--but it does come in handy for hiding Christmas presents and still being able to blog about them! Muhahahahaha! Mom, B-dawg, and T., I'll email you guys pictures!

This is a brand-new pattern out of the Fall 2008 Vogue Knits. It was very easy and nice to knit. It was a great way to use up some beautiful yarn I had in my stash.

Now onto hat number 6--the final hat!!!

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Meh, I don't hide presents on my blog. I think of it as a reward for keeping up with my blog. It's important to me, so if my family takes that level of interest in it, then I don't mind them seeing their socks ahead of time or whatever. =) But the hat is awesome!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I have finished one Christmas gift and just finished ripping another because it looked too big. I joined TPTSNBN specifically to see projects that people linked to. I have no projects uploaded and no stash photos. It comes in handy when I want to find blogs at work. Not that that happens much seeing as how I work sooooo hard.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Cool! I can't do the TPTSNBN sleight of hand thing because the people in my family I am making stuff for are also knitters and members of TPTSNBN. I'm tempted to ask someone else to put it on their blog to show it off when I am finished.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Great hat!

10:03 AM  
Blogger lisa said...

you are the only person i know who is thinking of christmas in august! and in december you'll be ready and i'll be the one shopping on christmas eve. again.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Nice hat! You look like you had fun modeling it too!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice hat, you know that your SIS will love it. Love, Mom

1:14 PM  
Blogger Brena said...

Yay! The final hat! I too blog-linked to TPTSNBN to show off Michael's Christmas present, so I know how it feels. Although I don't think it did me any good because I'm pretty sure he went through my Flickr the other day looking at photos... sigh.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Wow, Colorado. I bet the hats will be appreciated, it gets freaking cold down there!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I've been away for so long I have to ask, is Chunky in college? ;-) And I thought you were doing a St*r Tr*k tribute! I'll look for the hats on _____.

7:36 PM  
Anonymous NikBudnik said...

I just read Star Trek tribute....it made me scared!!!
Holy crap, I hope my hat is more Vogue than Star Trek!
I know you KNOW me better than that.....
Hahah! I want to see it. But I will wait....and LOVE it. Thank you. In advance.....I will be cold. Very cold. I appreciate all....and my itchy tolerence is very low.
:)
Rawr on that last note. Haha!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

It looks great on you. You look so much different with your hair down. Love the colors of the hat as well.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

YAO!! When did your hair get so long??? it's THE FLY! more pix of hair please. i demand it.

i likes the hat, too.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home