Friday, August 08, 2008

Alrighty Then

I overheard the guy in front of me in line at the farmstand where I was buying 3 ears of corn for tomorrow night's supper.

100_6170

He asked the guy (the farmer) running the cash box where his farm was.

The farmer paused a minute, and then replied "Right here."

Hee hee.

I guess the guy in front of me failed to notice the big fields, orchard, tractors and beehives.

After he left and I was purchasing my corn, the farmer just chuckled and said "What a day!"

I'm really going to miss this place when our office moves. But at the rate the move keeps getting pushed back and back, the farm stand will probably be closed for the season when we go! Ha ha!

Which is good. I really love apple cider season. And this stand, while they don't produce their own cider, sells a really delish NJ cider.

Fall, I can't wait!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

I wish I had a close farmers market nearby. LOL @ the guy asking where the farm was. My office is moving too, in April.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Funny, you're the second blogger I've read today who's been looking forward to the end of summer. Me, I love fall and winter--best times of the year.

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? You want FALL? We are still waiting for Summer up here!!! I woke up this morning to pouring rain and the temp only 10 degrees above freezing. I think I'll go fix myself a hot chocolate. Love, Mom

9:58 AM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Can't wait for fall either!! Our farmer's market is sooooo tempting in the fall, its hard to walk away from some of the yummies!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

We slept without A/C last night, just the windows open (not just because it was cool, the electric bill is getting out of hand!). I can't WAIT for fall. It's the best season, if you ask me.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Fall is really just around the corner. It is crazy how fast the year has flown by!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Mmm, a close farmstand. What a treasure. I with you, can't wait for fall.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I am jealous! You have a farmer's market right there. I have to drive downtown, hope for parking etc.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home