Monday, August 18, 2008

I'm Back Baby!

Rest In Peace dearest Dell Computer.



It was time. The Trojan combined with Dr. Mad Scientist's "help" sealed the deal for the Dell.



Dr. Mad Scientist's idea of helping the computer was the equivalent to giving a carton of cigarettes to a lung cancer patient.



The fact we couldn't even get the Dell to even start in safe mode to install the anti-venom that was the Trojan (AntiVirusXP 2008 if you're curious--and a big shout out to Cooknknit's hubby for sending us the link to said anti-venom. Part of the joy of that Trojan was it blocked out any references to said anti-venom if you were able to get online and research it. And yes, I'm highly convinced it was some European teenage punk since it changed all the display time to "military" time. ) combined with another fact that I'll blog about soon hopefully meant I was willing to break down and buy a new computer.



It's an HP this time (we figured we'd maybe keep some of the good people of Fort Collins, Colorado working). And it's got one of those flat screens---oooo!!! So high tech!!!



And it's got a CD writer so I can burn all the pictures that don't make it to Flickr onto CD.

Now I just need to resolve some connectivity issues with Comcast. My connection with this new computer seems to be spotty. Why the hell that would be, I don't know.

13 Comments:

Blogger Disco said...

Computers! I love their randomness. Welcome back, Bezzie!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Yey, welcome back!

Kids need less destructive hobbies...

Seriously, that was rule #1 for teaching: Give them something to do at all times because given their druthers, kids will do things you will not be happy about.

Brilliant things, maybe, but still...

11:05 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Yay! And really - I"m glad you didn't buy another Dell. I'll always associate Dell with all the issues we had with the public computers at the library in San Antonio.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

You're back and faster than ever I'm sure!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Congrats on the new pc!

4:20 AM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Congratulations! I hope this one treats you well for a long time!

6:57 AM  
Blogger trek said...

Heisenberg's Principle of Uncertainty applies.

As does Schröedinger's Cat.

7:11 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Glad you are back! We missed you.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Yay :)

The Trojan thing brought down one of my favourite forums - but they were able to contain it and were offline for a few days while they fixed everything on their end.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

YAY! Glad you're back dahlink! Missed ya!

We want FACTS! WTF! Are you writing a book, heffa?? Cuz if you are, we'd betta be in it, OR ELSE!

8:07 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

welcome back.

yay for new computers!

8:29 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Ugh! I just waged a battle with XPAntivirus yesterday. I do not enjoy playing in my registry files...but hopefully all is well now.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yey! Your back. Hope that everything will work out OK now. Computers can't live with them can't shoot them!!! Love, Mom

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home