Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Loose Ends & Mail Call

Why is it in two weeks WITH the internet, I felt like I didn't have anything to blog about, then when your computer eats it and you're too stupid to plug in the internet for two weeks--all of a sudden I've got a crapload of stuff to blog about?

First up--questions.

1. The cat hair yarn--was it mixed with anything or spun straight up?

The answer? It's 100% pure Squeaky.

100_6109

There are some coarser white hairs in there that could have probably been plucked out if I was a dedicated spinner (or nut in this case). But overall it's not too rough.

2. What will I make with it?

Yeah, um, I don't know. It's cat yarn!

3. What is your email address?

I'm assuming this is in response to the K.A.Y.E. contest. My email and the rules can be found on the "How" portion of that post I just linked.

Ok, moving on to all the lovelies I received in the mail in two weeks.

First up was a beautiful skein of Noro that I swapped (another skein of Noro I had) with Discoknits.

100_6195

Good lord, that's a crappy picture! She also included a very cute stamp too.

Next up, Stitchcounter sent me this lovely roving (Yarn Ahoy! in "Oasis") for donating to her Leukemia run.

100_6193

She ran the Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon in Anchorage raising funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. How could I not donate to this? Hee hee, is it bad that I've got more of a place in my heart for the Marathon? Dr. Mad Scientist in his youth ran that marathon. Mmmm...he was quite the sexy muscley nerd back when he was a runner in high school Ha ha!

And finally a mystery mitten package came to me with no note:

100_6196

There was Cascade, some handspun, some small bits of roving (great for thrums!) and "Favorite Mittens" (and some assorted edible goodies that didn't make the photoshoot!).

There was no note, but the person who sent me this was Jody G. in Sacramento. I feel like a putz because I don't know people's "real" names on the internets!!!! So whoever you are Jody G., thank you!

Oddly enough, as much as I really don't dig colorwork (I'd look like a doofus in a fair isle sweater or like a wannabe sex kitten in one of those vampy Eunie Jang low cut skin tight steek-o-rama colorwork vests), I've had the weird yearn to try some lately. Mittens might be just the trick to sating that urge!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Ina said...

Nice haul! Thanks for the responses about the kittyspun. I'm amazed - Squeaky looks black and white, but the yarn looks gray. Hm, maybe that's not so amazing, on second thought.

9:03 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

great goodies! you should definitely take the colorwork mitten plunge--it's really fun and relaxing all at the same time.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for the mittens! Your YYS told me last night at the fair that she was going to drop a hint to you that she needed new winter gear...ie: hat, mittens, scarf. Love, Mom

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got your box of yarn and mitten book. I am Jody G. and it's kinda fun you don't know my online name!! Love ya miss bezzie.

11:37 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Unexpected packages are the best. I was trying to explain the idea to someone yesterday and she looked at me like I was crazy. "why would someone send you something for nothing?". I said "why not, knitters and fiber artists are very generous folks and we like to share our interests with everyone else". She thinks it's a cult.

11:53 AM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

That is a nice mail week!! Love the colors of the Noro and the roving!!

And how thoughtful of the mitten package!! All that good karma coming back your way :)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

How cool to have a secret package!
I think you should just drape the cat yarn around for decoration :)

5:19 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Ooh! The intrigue :). I think it's cool that you're getting neat stuff in the mail. I never get stuff in the mail ... except credit card offers. Wish they'd send yarn ... or something, instead ;).

10:56 PM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

cool stuff! I love the cat hair yarn. I think you should make a cat toy out of it. Hee hee

1:22 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

I'm skipping right over the cat hair spinning part 'cuz for some reason, it totally skeeves me out... ooo, look! fun swaps and yarny gifts! bright! shiny!

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home