Sunday, August 24, 2008

More Knitting Soon

I promise!

But I'm still coming down off of my football fever!

If you've been reading a while you'll remember my boss gave us 3 tickets last year to see the MN Vikings v. NY Jets pre season game from his season tickets that he couldn't use.

This weekend he's dropping his first born off at college (UVA--home of some very considerate sportsmanlike college football fans according to Dr. Mad Scientist). So he offered me his season tickets to see the NY Giants play the Jets (preseason)!

How freaking exciting! The defending Superbowl champs and Brett-the-(second*)-Jet in action! How could I turn those down!

100_6204

If you look closely here you can see Brett Fav Ruh (#4) on the field during one of the first Jets' drives of the game.

And in all fairness--I also took a picture of Eli Manning (#10) of the Giants.

100_6206

It was a very interesting game.

At the end of the first half the score was:

100_6207

0 to 0!!!

I know it's preseason, buy holy lord, when did the Jets get a Defense and when did the Giants lose their offense? Yikes!

The second quarter they benched the starters (preseason after all, why risk the injuries?). And the second stringers--despite MANY flags (3 false starts and 2 illegal formation calls in one freakin' play) finally got over their stage fright and the Jets beat the Giants 10 to 7.

Of course we left in the middle of the 4th quarter to beat the traffic so we missed the winning Jet's touchdown. Ah well.

We had a lot of fun.

100_6210

And did you remember that I said my boss gave me four tickets? And can you count that there's only three people in my family? That left me with an extra ticket. So I invited the one and only Chris. She's a Giants fan, but at the Meadowlands where the crowd usually has at least a 5% mix of people sporting Giants jerseys regardless of whether the Giants are playing or not, I knew she'd be OK rooting for the "away" team.

100_6211

Now I promise some yarn and knitting this upcoming week. Just in time for the Colorado State v. Colorado season opener on Sunday!! Right after Denver recovers from Barack O'Boner Fest 2008.

*Brett Favre is actually the SECOND Brett-the-Jet--there's Brett Ratliff #5 who plays at QB and who I believe was playing when the Jets scored the game winning touchdown.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Nice! Talk about a game! I like how you spelled Favre phonetically, LOL.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Criosa said...

there's something very wrong about seeing Favre without the green & gold on. grrr.

lucky you, though, getting to go to the game!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Looks like fun. Football and baseball games are boring on television but in person there is such excitement. I think it's the difference between watching a movie in a theater and watching it on tv. Being part of a large group of people adds some excitement.

11:36 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Hubster would've given his left man tit to see that game! Favavarah is his fantasy football king.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Disco said...

I have no idea about American Football, but my DH loved UVA so much he took 5 yrs to get his undergrad degree, then went back for another couple at Darden (which we're still paying for!). And those UVA boys sure are gentlemen ;0)

12:06 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm so glad you got to see some Louisiana boys playing! Looks like you had a ton of fun!

4:57 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

How awesome is that! I think it's great that your boss shows you such appreciation as to give you his season tickets for a game. That's awesome. And you got to see Chris again! *jealous*

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha!!!! Is that Chunkie cut from the same mold as his Daddy DrMS? They both have the same grin on their faces!!!
So what??? You didn't bring any knitting to do during the dwon time? Love, Mom

8:22 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

You know you can talk about football anytime for me!! Lucky you! Looks like you had a great time!!

Lucky you....you only have to wait one week! Two weeks til Notre Dame's opening game!

3:19 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Lucky you - what nice seats! What does the boss think of seat licenses?

10:24 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

My hubby would be soooo jealous! He pre-ordered the Jets Favre jersey he was so excited! And he wore it for a week after he got it (with a tshirt underneath, thank all the stick gawds!)

7:28 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

That looks like lit would have been a fun time.

I'll admit I get bored sometimes at sports events....but if there is food and people to watch I am good to go!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home