Friday, August 01, 2008

Winner!

July's winner of the K.A.Y.E. contest is Amy from good ole San Antonio!

Don't despair if your name wasn't picked. Your name is in the running now for the large end of the year prize.

No idea what I'm talking about? Click the first link. Become educated. Become one with the cooter rootin'.

I had a wonderful post about the progress of my Shetland Shorty and how it's been mirroring real life right now but I got derailed when I checked my bank balance.

I got two checks today. One was my paycheck and one was a check for that OT where I worked til 11:00 effin' o'clock on the 21st.

I put my paycheck in checking (to cover rent!) and my OT check in savings.

When I went online to check my balances, I noticed that the paycheck is pending (meaning give it a day and it will post for sure--but it's in line to be credited towards my account), but in my savings account there's nothing pending.

Does anyone bank online with Bank of America and know if they make a deposit to their savings--does it not immediately show up at least as "pending"?

I tell you what, if there isn't $195 in my savings account, Bank of America better strap in for the shit they'll be receiving from me.

Stupid me, I hate dealing with all those little ATM receipts, so when I deposited the money, I didn't get one. (I've stopped going into the bank to deposit checks with the teller because I opened the account in Texas which means here in New Jersey, you have to fill out extra forms just to deposit a mother effin' check.)

If I get screwed out of that $195 I will be crying like a baby (and switching banks). $195 isn't too much, but it's the principle--I didn't get to spend time with my boys that night, I was exhausted the next morning, I didn't get to bed (or dinner!) until 11:45 that night...that's a lot of hard work to be wiped out due to a computer glitch.

But I won't jump the gun and break out the boxing gloves and kleenex until at least Monday.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

If there was a glitch, insist that they look at the ATM video. Since you deposited into 2 different accounts, I'm assuming you had to put 2 separate envelopes into the ATM deposit slot. The video should show that you deposited 2 envelopes. The bank may dispute how much the check was for, but at least they can see you weren't lying.

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

drop B of A. Even if they find your deposit... they are not a great bank to work with. Find something local or use a credit union. Just my $.02. They had my auto loan...and they were bastards....

8:53 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

At the very least, your employer should be able to tell you if the bank collected the amount of the check. If not, they may be willing to stop payment on the check and issue you a new one.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

I agree with anon. They do suck. I can't stand BOA. Hey, 195.00 is 195.00. The amount doesn't matter. It's yours.

6:09 AM  
Blogger Disco said...

Please don't get upset about this. Like Beverly said, your employer will be able to tell if the bank has 'cashed' the check.

If they haven't, then your employer can issue you another check (and presume the first was eaten by the system).

If the bank has 'cashed' it, your employer can ask them to trace whose account it has gone into and investigate from there.

The most you will lose is a few days interest on the $200 you were depositing in your savings account. And if your BofA savings account interest rate is anything like ours, that's not a lot of cents!

It'll all come out in the wash :0)

6:37 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

BOA does that crap too much. Not a fan of them. But all banks make mistakes. I usually get the balance then the available balance (in case there's a problem with the check) and I use the ATM a lot. I hope it is just not showing up right away and is there Monday...

6:56 AM  
Blogger Amysatx said...

Yippee-I'm so excited about winning your homespun goodness! Sorry about the bank thing-hope it works out.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I do most of my banking online (I use Wachovia). I have direct deposit and occasionally deposit checks at the atm. It almost always shows up the next business day as pending and then clears. I have had direct deposit for years and it's the best. I know there are people who want the check in their hands but in the 14 years I've had it, not once has their been a problem. And I hate waiting in line at the bank. I remember when we had to cash checks on Fridays to have cash for the weekend way back in the dawn of time before atms came along!

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK here is my 2 cents worth. It is Federal law that a bank that takes your check to be deposited into your account must put it right there. If they do not they owe you interest on that amount. What is this pending? There should be no pending. There are no clearing houses for checks anymore checks are like ATM cards you better have the money in the account. Believe you me I would not bank with a bank that told me that a check that I deposited was pending. Love, Mom

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home