Friday, September 12, 2008

5.5

I'm about half way done with hat number 6 for the B6 Clan:

100_6253

A boring blue hat...but not for long! Muahahahahahaha!

Hopefully next week I'll have the unveiling and put that Christmas project to rest.

On the political front--good news for McCane!

I was filling up my car today (at the BP station, not the Exxon station across the street--Dr. Mad Scientist and I avoid Exxon as much as possible) and I always seem to get the gas station attendant there that has to tell me about his trip to Alaska back in 1972 when he floated the Yukon River starting in Kotzebue.

He tells me these things because he always sees my Alaska Girls Kick Ass window sticker.

Today Gas Man handed me back my card and receipt to me and told me he realllly like that Sarah girl from Alaska. I laughed politely and responded:

"You do huh?"

"Yeah, she's HOT!"

So good job McCane--you thought you'd lure the female vote picking her and instead you got the horny old man vote!

Moments later as I'm listening to NPR in the car, they played a clip of Oboner dishing it back out to Palin. In the clip he mentions her hometown of Wasilly.

Earlier this week, a coworker was using his Harvard education as a selling point on me.

It's nice to know a Harvard educated person can't pronounce Wasilla (pronounced: Wah-sill-ah). It's not like she was the mayor of the aforementioned Kotzebue, Kenai, Napakiak, Koyukuk or Tok.

As of today, neither the panderer to the hornball vote nor the Senator from Illinoise has my vote and it's not looking good for either of them.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to inform your readers out there Palin is the only mayor in the country that made RAPE VICTIMS pay for the rape forensic kits!!! Now being a woman who was attacked at the age of 13 this makes me MADDER THAN A WET HEN!!!!

The more I hear about her and how she did things in Wasilla the more I am NOT going to vote for her!!!
Love, Mom

8:29 PM  
Blogger Disco said...

I was just thinking recently that rape victims should be given the option to pay for the forensic tests, if it helped speed along the capture of their attackers.

Don't know what made me think about that - my tax course this week isn't THAT dull!

Anyway, my point being they should be given the choice. Not MADE to pay.

Sorry for your mom - I hope her feathers dry out soon.

My guess for the hat decoration is some knit flowers? Looking forward to seeing what it is anyway :0)

9:19 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Love the colot blue!

I want to see more interviews with Palin before deciding for sure. She doesn't get the hot vote with me...neither does Obama, haha.

10:22 PM  
Blogger Brena said...

The more I hear everyone talk the less I want to vote, isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

8:08 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Hee hee panderer to the hornball. I love that :)

10:11 AM  
Blogger Magatha said...

It's all about taxes for me now and how our taxes will be used.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Great hat!

The one thing about politics right now is that I find the coverage really annoying. They're talking about individual candidates, about what they look like, who has cute babies/kids/a nice-looking wife... Let's focus, people! Get back to the issues!

Not that it matters to me personally, I can't vote. But people who can should get information, not infomercials.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

i suspect Mccain doesn't care where the votes come from, more's the pity.

2:18 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

LOL, horny old man vote! You know, they really don't market that enough.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hee. It's refreshing to hear from someone who honestly doesn't like either candidate. Heresy in a year like this! You go!

4:55 PM  
Anonymous nikBudnik said...

I went to an Arbys in Wasilla once. And they have a very nice Fred Myers. The Pizza Hut sucked though, as did the Mexican restaurant I went to. I am pretty sure that Palin had no hand in any of my experiences though.
Bag o' shit one, or bag o'shit two?? Decisions, decisions.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I've never heard of anything so assinine as making a victim pay for a rape kit. That's outrageous. I'm going to stand next to the wet mom-hen and protest.

And I wish I could decide who to vote for....

10:44 PM  
Blogger Linnea said...

There was an editorial recently which declared that sometimes, female politicians are hot and that's OKAY. I'm so glad someone set that straight for us. Apparently, whether or not we should mention the attractiveness of a male candidate is still up in the air.

I have no idea who I'll vote for. Awesome.

2:21 AM  
Blogger coke said...

NIKE NIKE运动鞋 NIKE跑鞋 妮可鞋岛 阿迪达斯

阿迪达斯
nikedao
nikedao.com
www.nikedao.com
NIKE
ADIDAS
PUMA
NIKE板鞋
运动鞋
NIKE跑鞋
ADIDAS板鞋
ADIDAS运动鞋
ADIDAS跑鞋
板鞋
运动鞋
耐克
NIKE板鞋
NIKE运动鞋
NIKE 跑鞋
ADIDAS板鞋
ADIDAS运动鞋
ADIDAS跑鞋
休闲鞋
PUMA运动鞋
妮可鞋岛

3:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home