Tuesday, September 16, 2008

6!

The final hat in my sextuplet of hats for my Younger Brother's family for Christmas is done!

WOO!

This one is for my favoritist little hunk of nephew--L. He was shoot, 2.5 when I first met him (and my brother's wife, and his other four kids for that matter! That is the life of a true Alaskan--you only visit your next of kin very rarely), and oh man what a damn cute kid!!!

I kept telling my sister in law I was going to swap L. for one of our cats when we left to continue our trek for New Jersey/New York. Never mind that she really doesn't dig animals of the feline persuasion!

Anyway--I finished his hat. I hope it fits his head and isn't too babyish for him (he'll be 4 in March if I'm doing my math right).

100_6257

The deets:

Pattern: My own

Yarn: Some mystery acrylic I had in my stash. Ok, so normally I gift my acrylic to non-yarno-philes, but it also makes great kidswear yarn. At least in my mind. I'm a lazy homemaker. I love me some machine wash/machine dry knitwear!

Needles: US7

Notes: This hat was the hardest because L. is so little. I had to harken back to nearly three years ago when Chunky was that little and what kind of stuff he was into. Since it seems dinosaurs really don't go out of style with the under 10 set--I figured I was safe making this hat.

I knit the tail and the legs flat because I didn't want them stuffed and bulky for when he might be riding somewhere in his carseat and have his head against something. Stuffed appendages would be too annoying.

Six Christmas presents down! Only about 6 more to go!!!

Labels: ,

28 Comments:

Blogger Rebel said...

Dude! If he doesn't want it - send it to me! It's so much awesome. =)

6:39 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Okay - that is cute. He will love it!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Oh my goodness! How freaking cute. You need to write a pattern and GASP! post it on ravelry for purchase!!! I would buy it in a heartbeat for my beloved little nephew! Oh, man, it is way too cute!!! Post it!! :) Oh man, have it told you it was cute?

7:18 AM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

PLEASE write up that pattern! It's too cute! I'm pretty sure I know some big kids who would love that.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

So cute! What a lucky kid. Yes, do write up a pattern. The world has been waiting for this.

8:40 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

that is ridiculously cute. i'm sure he'll love it.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

How could a kid not love a dinosaur on his head? It's adorable. I have one Christmas gift completed and am 2/3 way through no. 2. Slow and steady progress here.

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! L will LOVE that hat!! He will not want to take it off to get his hair washed or fo to bed!!! Oh what the heck I LIKE THE HAT AND WOULD WEAR IT!! Dang why can't grown-ups wear things like that? Love, Mom

10:28 AM  
Blogger The Curly Knitter said...

Wicked cute!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Disco said...

Oh yes, that calls for a pattern in Ravelry. Or maybe a knitty submission - about time they had some boyish knits on that site.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Denice said...

That hat is adorable! My son is almost 4 and would love it and not want to take it off. I think it'll be a huge hit with your nephew.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Very cool hat - I think I would wear that hat ;)

11:56 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

That is super cute! I won't be surprised if my husband wants one.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

That is teh awssum!

Very cute.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

That is all kinds of awesome!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Awesome hat!!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

that is about the sutest thing ever! I'm sure he'll love it!

5:39 PM  
Blogger janna said...

That is SOOO cute! You definitely need to write up the pattern. (And I totally agree with acrylic yarn for kids....)

6:32 PM  
Blogger JRS said...

That is too cute! I wish I had an ounce of your creativity...

7:27 PM  
Blogger Macoco said...

Seriously Bezzie, you are one creative woman. The hat is adorable. Your nephew is a lucky kid.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I know this is totally off-subject, but I thought about you when I read this article online, because it mentions Montclair, NJ public schools. It's an intersting article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20080916/cm_csm/ymoses

8:05 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

That, is AWESOME!

8:22 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Love it!! Super cute!! Wow, you and Disco keep reminding me that I better get knitting on those christmas presents sooner rather than later!!

2:00 AM  
Anonymous NikBudnik said...

That hat is ...dare I say....Jawesome!
PS- No way in Hell am I trading my Boy for a goddam mangy cat.And yes, he is quite adorable.

(not to ofend YOUR particualr cats or anything, I know that they are nether mangy or goddamed, just in general, I speak)

3:48 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

So cute! I say you can't go wrong with dinos, thomas, or some-sort of 4-wheeled vehicle at age 4. Or that's my thought as I begin the yearly birthday search for my 4 y-o nephew.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Miss T said...

That is one great hat!

12:43 PM  
Blogger coke said...

NIKE NIKE运动鞋 NIKE跑鞋 妮可鞋岛 阿迪达斯

阿迪达斯
nikedao
nikedao.com
www.nikedao.com
NIKE
ADIDAS
PUMA
NIKE板鞋
运动鞋
NIKE跑鞋
ADIDAS板鞋
ADIDAS运动鞋
ADIDAS跑鞋
板鞋
运动鞋
耐克
NIKE板鞋
NIKE运动鞋
NIKE 跑鞋
ADIDAS板鞋
ADIDAS运动鞋
ADIDAS跑鞋
休闲鞋
PUMA运动鞋
妮可鞋岛

3:46 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Fantastic hat! It's a blue stego-bronto-plagiosaur!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home