Sunday, September 28, 2008

Chain Your Bike To A Wino

Well my pretties, the move into Newark went quite well.

Last week Chunky asked me what city my office was at, I replied:

"Newark."

And he responded:

"I know mom, it's your new work, but what city is it in?"

Me:

"New-ark"

Chunky:

"I don't get it."

Ha ha!

But the whole thing went smooth--except for the lack of air conditioning/ventilation on our floor. It wouldn't have been bad had we not been hefting boxes and crap.

Let's just say seeing certain older attorneys in just their undershirts? Not a pretty sight.

As for the commute? I'm still on the fence. I found a good route getting TO work--but I have an appointment tomorrow morning and will be coming in late. And Tuesday is Rosh Hashanah, meaning traffic will probably be light. I won't be able to fully gauge how the commute goes until Wednesday.

The way home I'm a little worried about. All the roads I would LIKE to take are closed off for construction. Hopefully they'll reopen soon. But it just means that I've got to leave at 5:00 p.m. on the dot. No big deal--my new cubicle is located as such that it's not directly outside the door of my Big Cheese boss...so escape at 5:00 p.m. will be much easier!

In digging around this weekend I found this comic from a series of Dilberts I had saved way back in February when we first learned the office was moving to Newark. I'd love to blog the other three or four strips in this series where Dilbert's office moves, but posting this is probably already illegal--but oh so funny!

100_6309

And in case you thought I didn't get anything else done this Sunday--I got home in time to bake four loaves of pumpkin bread AND make the boys lasagna (Chunky's had a hankering).

100_6313

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Rebel said...

lol - Chunky's adorable. I want some of that pumpkin bread!!!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Chunky is adorable!

GLad to hear the move went well. Having a cube where escape is easier is always a plus. Your commute Wednesday will prob also be light. My office is closed Tuesday and Wednesday for Rosh Hasana.

That pumpkin bread looks great! I'm going to make some this weekend. Have pumpkin sitting around saying "cook me."

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! It looks like Chunkie has you wrapped around his little finger!!! But with a guy that cute who wouldn't?

Glad that the move went well, and that you will be able to escape when needed. Hope they hae the ventilation working by the time you get work Monday. Love, Mom

9:54 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Yum! Pumpkin bread ;). You're my hero ;).

1:26 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

The last few months of my husband's soon-to-be-ex workplace have become so Dilbertesque, I would laugh, but it's not funny when it's not fiction.

3:00 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

LOL! That Chunky is one funny little dude!

Mmmm...pumpkin bread...

8:32 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That Chunky exchange is priceless!!
So it the Dilbert...

6:03 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I love the conversation piece with Chunky....those are the best. I try to remember to write them down in a journal I have so I can share them when they are older.

Glad the move went well and I am wishing I had me some pumpkin bread!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

That Dilbert is too funny!

I don't know if Chunky ever watches this old cartoon on the Nicktoons channel called Rocko. They had an episode where the main character Rocko is late to work at his job at a comic book store, and he finds a parking spot right in front of the building, and is just about to pull in when his boss cuts his off and takes his spot. His boss tells him he can park two blocks over in the high crime area, so he does, and his car gets vandalized and stripped as soon as he gets out, and then gets towed, LOL. You can see I have no life, ha, ha!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

P.S. That was too cute about Chunky and the Newark thing!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Having an escape-cube is a good thing. Now to perfect the office eject button...

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

Hahaha! I love Dilbert. :)

Pumpkin bread sounds good. My son's been obsessed with pumpkins since we went grocery shopping this week. I've been forced to make jack-o-lantern after construction paper jack-o-lantern to hang up on the walls!

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home