Saturday, September 27, 2008

Midnight at the Oasis

I did end up watch the last half of the debates and was throughly unwowed.

But enough of that crap.

I decided to do some spinning last night. The clickety clack of the spinning wheel was better at drowning out the pathetic jabs Wingus and Dingus traded on TV last night.

But unlike the debate, this roving came out a clear winner.

100_6306

This is the best I've spun sofar.

This picture shows a better representation of the color of the yarn.

100_6308

The details:

Fiber: Yarn Ahoy, Merino in the color "Oasis" (although I think "Guacamole" sounds better--it's the color of fresh guacamole with light brown flecks--just like guac gets when you let it sit out a bit.) Courtesy of Stitchcounter!

Ratio: 6:1

Amount: approximately 240 yds./4.6 oz.

This is going into the stash to wait for the perfect project. I love this yarn!

I'm trying to squeeze a weekend into one day. It's working pretty good.

The office movers showed up at 9:00 a.m. yesterday and by 11:00 a.m. all of our desks were gone so we all just left!! Makes up for having to show up tomorrow for four hours to unpack our desks.*

I was able to run some errands and say goodbye to Livingston.

Sadly when I left the farm stand across the street was still closed. I didn't get to get my final apple-cider fix. I've got 1/2 a gallon left and if no one at the Newark Wednesday Farmer's Market sells any--then yes, I will drive to Livingston to stock up. Why no, I'm not addicted to cider!!

What can I say? There's no better way to unwind than a mug of apple cider nuked for 2.5 mins and steeped with apple cinnamon herbal tea. It's the epitome of fall!

Anyway, tomorrow should be interesting. I've heard our new workstations are pretty cushy. And I've heard that even though we have to share them, there's a bit of privacy between us and our cube-mate. Which is good because I'm stuck with a Chatty Cathy that pulls her own string employee.

Remember Milton from Office Space? She's kind of like that but with less mumbling and more Joisey accent.

*They've given us the option of taking 4 hours of doubletime or an extra full day off. I've opted for the day off. Chunky's got a lot of early dismissal days coming up the end of November and we've got family visiting at Christmas for the first time in a long time--so I've been squirreling away my vacation days for those things and I'll gladly take an extra day! Plus missing a day close to Christmas/Thanksgiving is nicer than a regular day off because my bosses are less likely to be there at the holidays--thus generating less crap for me to do when I get back!

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Blogger T. Budnik said...

I would describe the color of that yarn as "Lily Pond." It's too bad that "Lily Pond" mittens (or hat) would be too matchy-matchy with a goose down "Lily Pond" jacket. Oh well!

Good luck with the office move!

-T.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I love that lime green colour! Great job :)

12:16 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Pretty yarn!

I like the "guacamole" name too.

Have you ever thought about joining a local farm co-op, if there's any by you? I just read a good article about one in my neighborhood newspaper - you pay a flat fee for the year and get to choose from different kinds of fresh produce every month.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Ooh. Very nice spinning. I can't wait to see what it eventually becomes.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

That color is beautiful! The spinning looks really good...you're getting better with each hank!

I'd take the extra day too. Good luck with the unpacking tomorrow.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That yarn looks great!
Did you find a way to get to work around the parking lot traffic?

6:34 PM  
Blogger janna said...

They yarn is beautiful!

Have fun with the move -- hope the new workstations really are cushy!

6:59 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Yum! Guacamole!

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that yarn looks really good!! You have come a long way with your spinning. Like I'm an expert...and know anything about spinning.
Hope your move tomorrow is a good one and they didn't lose any of your stuff.
Love, Mom

8:53 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Ohh, lovely color!! Go you on the spinning! Hoping the unpacking and chatty Cathy don't drive you crazy!

Thanks for the cider recipe..well you know mixer ;)

9:32 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

That yarn looks awesome!

I watched some of the debates. The movie we picked wasn't long enough. I should have just turned off the television ;).

11:05 PM  
Blogger Linnea said...

You should buy your co-worker a red stapler. In Georgia I worked in a shared cubicle, which was awesome. Now I just have a desk in a big row. Favorite Co-Worker and I have joked about building cardboard walls around our spaces, like little kid forts. I think it would be nice.

Awesome, awesome yarn. Lily Pond is the perfect name.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Lovely spinning. Can'r wait till I can do stuff that looks like that!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Magatha said...

Nice spin! Hooray for office movers!

5:29 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

ooh pretty! it does look like guac.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Lord, I hate that song. Thanks for getting it stuck in my head! :)

Very pretty yarn.

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

I like the avocado yarn!! :o) you need to make a bounce hat!

OMG I sit next to a chatty cathy too!! and her name really IS Kathy!! LOL

she's always looking at myspace and saying, "look, look, this is so and so's boyfriend's cousin's mother. and THAT's HER grandmother right there!!" i don't know ANY of the people in the picture. and the shit is if i don't turn around and look right away, she keeps on saying LOOK LOOK MIRA NENA MIRA! UUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

That spun green lovely is awesome!! Your getting so good at it!!!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home