Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Bamboo Not Included

Another somethin' somethin' I finished this weekend.

Another market bag for my old roommate. She's got the thing for pandas, so this bag is strictly panda. You'll remember the last market bag I made for her was pandas AND apples.

100_6346

Her birthday is December 5 and then Christmas is of course 20 days later...it sounds bad but I send her birthday and Christmas presents at the same time. What can I say? It saves postage!

When we lived together, I didn't lump everything together--I swear! (I've met some December babies that get really touchy about this.)

100_6345

This bag only has one handle despite the fact I like them better with two. But I ran out of yarn--those darn variegated balls of Sugar and Cream don't have as much per-ball as the solids!

The plan is to make one last bag for her and then buy her a Christmas present (or birthday present, I'm sure sure what the bags are going to be).

Only 3 more Christmas presents to knit left to knit. However, I'm sure there will be more that crop up!

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

How cute that bag came out!

I have a December 26th birthday, and I've always hated getting my birthday lumped in with Christmas (no disrespected intended for Christmas, LOL!).

7:35 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I just now noticed the cat sniffing the bag - isn't it cute how nosy cats are?

7:36 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

The bag is great! The panda material is really cute.

My SIL has a December birthday. We always send 2 cards! She seems to like that better, LOL

7:36 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Cute! Now stop showing off with the Christmas knitting!

8:16 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

As a December baby, I appreciate your sensitivity to our birthday woes.

9:14 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Cute! Love how perfectly the yarn matches the fabric, too!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

How can you be ahead with CHristmas knitting already??

6:26 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I always felt sorry for December babies. I think they kind of get lost in the shuffle. I am slogging through the Christmas knitting and enjoying it because there are weeks left. I hate deadline knitting.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a cute bag and the cat add that homey touch. I hope J is not allergic to cats.
I have started my Christmas sewing (since I don't knit) and have four things almost done.
As for getting Christmas and B-day presents in the same box you don't have to have a Christmas/Dec b-day. Ask T when she got her Christmas/B-day present from me this past year.
Love, Mom

8:49 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

I like it! Love the pandas!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Awww that's a cute bag! Bummer on the yarnage problem though..or should I say shortage ;)

7:15 PM  
Blogger Linnea said...

I love the cloth bottoms on those bags. What a lucky friend.

Your Christmas knitting is inspiring. I have 0 out of ? projects done. At least the dreams are big, right?

5:27 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

I wish I was as dedicated as you. Each year I start with grand plans of Christmas knitting and sewing. And as usual, this year I've done zilich so far. Maybe I can start now for next year.

6:11 AM  
OpenID MarieGrace said...

Thanks for reminding me that its time to get moving on holiday gift making... I can't believe its October already!

Great bag!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

Baboo is a bit touchy about his birthday. It's Dec. 22 (or thereabouts) and not only does he have to share his birthday with Jesus, he has a twin sister.

He always hated that his birthday presents were wrapped in Christmas paper, so I make it a point to wrap and give his b-day gifts separately and not skimp on the Christmas ones either.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Another great Bezzie Bag! Awesome!

My middle daughter is December 30th. It is funny because I have a friend whose husbands birthday is the beginning of December and he insists that the decorations can not go up till his birthday is done. I kinda like that we still have Christmas stuff up for Porscha's birthday....she gets a double fun December the way I see it!

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home