Thursday, October 16, 2008

Halibut Prince

It's already the middle of October--can you believe it?

This means there's only half a month left to get your name in for October's K.A.Y.E. drawing.

Around the holidays, I like to pick seasonal colored yarn.

What I'm about to show you is kind of Halloweenie. It's also very fitting to show you this yarn since last night another famous pair of dudes promised us all the world and more in the final of their three-part snowball festival.

But this is about yarn and a pair of boys and a pair of socks.

100_6363

Yes, even though I highly despise Harry Pooper, this month's yarn is a ball of Opal Harry Potter Sock Yarn in the color of "Harry Und Ron."

What attracted me to this yarn was the German translation of the "Half Blood Prince"--Der Halbblot Prinz. It made me giggle.

The fact that it's Harry AND Ron yarn made me giggle too. I'd insert some inappropriate comments right now, but I like to save those for when Dr. Mad Scientist makes me watch these crappy movies--I only do it with the caveat that I can make as many wisecracks as I want during the course of the movie.

Just think, if you win, you could knit one sock and name it Harry and name the other sock Ron.

No idea what K.A.Y.E. is? Just click the link earlier in this post and read up on it.

In the meantime I'll leave you with a final picture of some wand on wand action.

100_6365

ETA: As much as I would love to take your entries by leaving a comment, I cannot as some people's email addresses don't show up. If you were to win entering that way--I really don't have a way of contacting you to alert you to your winnings! Click on the K.A.Y.E. link in this post, or on the sidebar, check out the rules to see if you qualify, and email me to let me know you qualify (my email is in the link posting the rules). Good luck!

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I really like it. Very nice. But I am a Harry Potter nerd.
I had my appointment in July when I wasn't blogging and commenting. Am I too late to get in on the fun??

8:12 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I had my appointment in October. Can you enter me in the drawing? Thanks

Catherine

8:17 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Oh I love that Harry Potter yarn.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Harry und Ron. I've always wondered about those two. And how weird to name sock yarn after boy wizards.....

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it happened!!! You got bit by the HP bug!! So it end up to be yarn, nice looking yarn at that. Love, Mom

9:10 AM  
Blogger Rebel said...

I still say you doth protest too much. I know you've got the whole septilogy hidden away under your mattress. ;)

10:34 AM  
Blogger Red Dog Knits - Kristi and Otis said...

Harry Pooper is a great name...Im not a fan either and I gave it a two book read - meh and bleh. But the sock yarn does look fun.

11:18 AM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Well, as a Harry Potter fan, I appreciate the pretty sock yarn prize!!! And love all of your innuendos :)

4:11 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I'm a Harry Potter geek too. Nice sock yarn!

5:47 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

How funny that there's Harry Potter yarn!

I'm with you - I don't like that Harry Potter stuff, either (although the yarn is pretty cool!)

6:05 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Halloweenie. Weenie. heehehehehehehehe.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Never read a single book nor seen a scene from a movie, but I like the colors!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

And if you name one sock Harry and the other Ron, when you wear the socks, you'd be walking all over them! Perfect. I dislike those movies intensely too.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Magatha said...

I am SHOCKED! Sleeping with the enemy!

10:14 AM  
Blogger whichendisup said...

hehe.. wand on wand action... omg, too funny.

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Cristi-Lael said...

Bummer! I missed the yarn contest by one day! And I really like that yarn too.
Will you be having a November run? If so, I'd like to put my name in. I had my appointment in May, though I've just come across your blog...

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home