Saturday, October 11, 2008

Mail Call

On Thursday, I found a lovely surprise in the mail:

Rosi G

This summer Rosi G. had a "Where the hell are all the commenters?" contest on her blog. I'll cop to it: I'm a loudy-fingers, and I commented, and the random number picker picked me as one of the winners.

She sent along a delightful bar of her infamous Rosi G. Soapy Knitter soap--Cucumber Vanilla, along with two balls of a deep blue Mary Maxim acrylic (this is my first time seeing MM in person--nice stuff!), two balls of Plymouth Encore worsted in a nice wintry gray (I was just introduced to this stuff by Poops--and again, nice stuff!) and a dark green ball of what else but Rowan Chunky! Ha ha!

Now do I make Chunky something out of it or use it all on me? Muhahahahahah!

On the same day I got this in the mail, I learned that I'll get to meet Rosi G. next month. Hee hee! How cool is that! I tell you what, Jersey may get a bad rap in some circles, but it's a hotbed of great knitter activity!!

Thanks Rosi!

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I know that you like the color green but......you really should make Chunkie something out of that "Chunkie" yarn.
And here I thought that NJ was the Garden State! I guess you learn something new every day!!! Love, Mom

1:46 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Nice haul! I really like Plymouth Encore. Good price for a decent yarn!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:31 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Yay for loudy-fingers :) Fabulous prizes...you have to make Chunky something from the Chunky yarn!!

2:36 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Yay for loudy-fingers :) Fabulous prizes...you have to make Chunky something from the Chunky yarn!!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

When your name was picked from the random # thingie, I knew right away that no matter what I sent you I HAD to include the Chunky yarn! HA!

You could always make yourself something and think of Chunky every time you wear it. :o)

4:36 PM  
Blogger Virtuous said...

When I saw the bar of soap I knew it was Rosi!! :oD

Lucky Duck you get to meet her IRL!!!

Congrats on the contest package goodies!

6:10 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

That Random number generator picked our favorite Random Meanderer!

9:46 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Hee! That Mary Maxim used to be in my stash. You should have seen the hideous poncho kit it came in. Rosi bought the blue from one of my first destashes. It really does knit up nicely. I've used some white from the kit for Hats for Alex.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I'm always jealous of the Aussie knitters that all seem to know each other and get together. It's so cool that you get to meet some knitters and talk shop.

8:15 AM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

yay for randomness and chunkiness!!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I love Encore for it's washability. Fun colors, too

4:34 PM  
Blogger Rocky said...

Cool package!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Lucky lucky you!!! I just read your last post about the yakker-oh my. my mother is like that, just talks and talks, even if nobodys in the room.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

knit for yourself! Bwahahaha!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home