Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Monkey Hooters

There's a girl at work that's expecting a baby boy.

I figured I'd knit her something.

I saw the ever so cute Baby Owl Vest on Kay's blog that she made for her nephew a while back.

I thought I'd be clever and use my whole "Oh if I knit it with a thinner weight yarn like I did with my Koigu Tulips Cardigan it will fit a smaller baby."

And it would fit a smaller baby. With a pinhead.

The torso and armholes worked out great, but as I was putting the ribbing on the neckline it became abundantly clear that there was no way this sweater would fit over a newborn noggin.

Therefore, Rosie (Chunky's stuffed monkey) became the proud recipient of a Monkey Hooter sweater dress.

Chunky took these pictures, focusing more on Rosie (obviously from the way he posed her arm all jaunty like) so you can't quite see the cabled owls on the chest.

100_6374

100_6373

It's a cute, quick knit. Next time I might actually try to gauge swatch before I cast on though!

Before I go--I didn't link to the pattern because it's a You Know Where download pattern. Y'all can figure that out on your own if you've got a burning desire to knit this.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger T. Budnik said...

Chunky's a darn good photographer. And you're a darn good knitter (even if this project went to the monkeys)!

-T.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Cute sweater and I love how Chunky posed Rosie!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

crap. And babies have really BIG heads too. that sucks. At least you found a use for it.....

10:48 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Well, at least Chunky's Monkey will get some wear out of it!

12:12 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

I love the sweater. I clicked on it to make it B I G G E R! Sorry it didn't work out in the smaller yarn size....but at least Rosie likes it :)

Take care,

Kay

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! But Rosie looks sooooooo good in it!!! That monkey of Chunky's gets everything!! Love, Mom

8:03 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Adorable. The monkey wears it quite well. Looks like Chunky is definitely going to be a photographer one day.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I think you secretly wanted to make something for Rosie...

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

awww what a cute post. i love that chunky took the pix! how many months is your coworker? that looks like a tiny vest. :D

3:12 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I think it's cute! I guess on a vvest a button on the shoulder might be really strange, but that would have worked as a save if y'all didn't have Rosie to warm up.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Huh? Why not re-do the neckline?

7:42 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

It's cute!!

7:46 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Ain't nothin' like a well-dressed Monkey!

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Alisha said...

Very cute! Lucky little monkey!

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home