Friday, October 03, 2008

Two Idiots Enter

...and sadly two idiots left.

Wouldn't it have been much cooler last night if the VP candidates after "debating" each issue whipped out those dangerous q-tips like on Star Trek and battled each other?



I will give points for this debate keeping me awake more than the first Presidential one. Admittedly I only caught half of that debate, but god was that a snooze fest.

Palin did better than most people were expecting. But on Thursday morning when I was listening to her moron "I read everything in front of me..." soundbite when asked what papers she reads (C'mon girlfriend, give a shout out for the Anchorage Daily News or the Juneau Empire would ya?!) it hit me.

Now it could just be my paranoid Old Man who is convinced that the government is run by a secret society of reptilians rubbing off on me, but I'm convinced those shittacular Palin interviews were staged.

She intentionally came off looking like a dumbass airhead insult to the female sex (which admittedly I hear isn't unusual for her) who couldn't string a sentence together to make her performance at this debate seem spectacular.

Aside from style--with Joe Biden always dropping Dick Luger's name and repeating things "Let me say that again..." and Sarah Palin's cute-but-grating homespunisms peppering her delivery, I wasn't very impressed.

Points to Palin though for making Biden twitch on the sidelines and smile like a jackass or audibly sigh into the microphone when he didn't agree with her. For an old white guy, he certainly came off spazzy to me.

I didn't agree with Palin blaming the "predatory lenders" being the sole reason for the housing market meltdown.

That's like saying it's not your husband's fault when he has an affair and blaming the Hootchie Mama he screwed 100%. Sorry, it takes two to make a mistake! Those people taking out loans they couldn't afford, unless there was clear omission of what they had to repay in the closing paperwork, should never have signed a thing. It's called reading and comprehension people. You do not trust anything anyone who wants your money shoves in front of you to sign without reading and comprehending it. Yes the banks took advantage of those people--but it's sad that there are that many idiots out there to take advantage of.

I also started screaming at Biden when he went off about clean coal being so great. "Clean coal" is like a turd. I can take a shit and flush it down the toilet, or I can take a shit and put it in a ziplock baggie. In the end, a piece of shit is a piece of shit and it's no fun to deal with.

I did like that Palin spoke about education--Dr. Mad Scientist made a good point that that camp hadn't been very vocal about education. This will soon be an even more hot-button topic in this household (hooray! no more voting for the candidate who will increase the national science and research budget!).

But OK, enough ranting.

I have to go to work and my ears are dirty. I need to go grab a q-tip.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

What I have trouble with is almost like a "who cares what the VP says?" I mean, they aren't in charge. Seriously, what do they even DO all day?

We flipped between the debate and the (disappointing) Cubs game. grrrr.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Times like this make me glad I don't have a television. I like the Lady Sweater. I think I'd like to make one for me but I haven't gotten done with the holiday stuff yet.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

OMG! You're too funny! I almost snorted hot tea up my nose laughing ;)!

I didn't watch the debate, but I appreciate reading your synopsis :), and especially the stuff you said about "clean coal" (your analogy was GREAT, by the way, and right on!).

I grew up in a coal mining community and despite the COPIOUS amounts of water used in the process of mining coal (in an effort to decrease the COPIOUS amounts of toxic dust in the air), coal is NEVER clean. There's nothing CLEAN about it. It's dirty, and it's smelly, and the mining of it is environmentally destructive and incredibly dangerous. And for the people who mine it .... Where I lived, the annual median income was $18665, and 31% of the population was employed in the coal industry. It only pays well for the people who own the mines. Everyone else ... well you see.

Sorry about the long response, but this topic really hits home for me ;).

9:32 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

Oh yeah- I'd watch if they were slinging Q-Tips and and wearing peekaboo outfits and giant brains were betting on them!!! Who wouldn't???? It would breath a whole new life into this 'whose dumber debate' thingy.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well she did not convince me! All I heard was sound bites programed by McCain's goons. She does real well in the "Beauty Pagent" style. Sorry to say but there aren't going to be any "Beauty Pagents" if she gets elected. VP is not very important except that for the fact that they would become Prez if the Prez dies or becomes unable to do the job. And for everyones info Palin's extra marital affair partner lives across the feild from us. Maybe I should say one of them cause what is coming out up here is that she had more than one!!
Love, Mom

10:29 AM  
Blogger Kashmir Knitter said...

Ask and you shall receive:
Kung Fu Election. Sit through the 10 second ad and the most awesome time waster ever will unfold before you.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I have to agree with your Mom. That's what worries me about if McCain gets into office - if he drops dead, Palin will be left to run the country, and I truly do not believe she's qualified for that.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Palin's the only politician to ever have an affair? Ha! I love how its only an issue for her.
Everyone's jumping down Palin's throat. I love how no one mentions Joe Biden's goof-ups too. There were quite a few. I wish November would come already, so the election can happen and the circus can end.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

To mom: OMG, another politican had an affair! Now, I have no idea if that is true or not, but trying to make her look like a dirt bag w/o pointing out all the other lauded politians who have as well, is well throwing a low punch. Also, on the rape kit you stated in an earlier comment some weeks back that Palin made the victims pay for, that would be a NO. It's another bullshit lie that has been spread.

Now, I'm not voting for either party, but lies and bullshit shouldn't be spread by anyone toward any party or individual.

And yes, the q-tip fight would have been much better, but damn, she is so freaking cute...maybe I'll switch my vote ;p

Clean coal -- what an oxymoron.

4:41 AM  
Blogger Linnea said...

Disclaimer: I haven't seen the debate yet. Just read the newspapers (Shall I name them? International Herald Tribune, New York Times, and Washington Post, all read online online on a regular basis) to see what went on. Quite frankly, I was disappointed. Why? Because I wanted Palin to fall flat on her face. And this is not because I'm an Obama-Biden supporter at all - quite the contrary, I'm pretty conservative. But I do not like Palin one single bit. Being cute and perky and a mom and from "Main Street" does not qualify you to be VP any more than I'm qualified because I'm a female who has worked with the military for the past eight years. (Hell, I'm sure I have more foreign policy experience than she does!) And it kills me that people fall for the "you betchyas" and the "Joe Six-Pack" quips. I DO NOT WANT someone LIKE ME (and I hope to Blog I'm not like Palin) to be even remotely in charge of my country.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

But of course it's all the Hootchie Mamma's fault, right??
I'm so darn tired of the government right now.....

4:10 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Yeah, I watched the debate and started to get a little bored...kinda what I was expecting...Palin responing without actually saying anything or answering the question.....However, I did start yelling when he talked about clean coal. GROAN!!! The chemist in me wanted to jump out of my skin. It doesn't exist, you moron! End of song.

P.S. Hi Bezz!!!!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

And then threw styrofoam rocks at each other! With the classic startrek "fight music" playing. That would have been perfect!

11:06 PM  
Blogger Magatha said...

Everyone is scared of VPs because of the toxic influence of Cheney. We've never had a VP like him before and we probably won't have another. (Cheney, as history tells us, was in charge of Bush's VP headhunt and decided that no one was suitable, but he himself was available. Sneaky, huh? What a creep.)
I am doing my best to ignore Sarah 'the hottie with a gun' and try to focus my decision making processes on what matters to me.
Yeah, that business about the predatory lenders pissed me off too. Everyone danced the greedy dance and now we all get to pay for this instead of 'Universal' healthcare that the kids want. Or anything else Obama may want tax money for. Notice how his campaign has gone from "universal healthcare" to " make insurance company's have rules!" It is pathetic.`
(The greedy dance was a feeding frenzy here in LV. Everyone, from the very rich to the working poor speculated for profit in real estate. Many made a ton of money. Teachers could make more than they made in a year by selling their overpriced home during the boom and moving elsewhere. I'd like to pat myself on the back now for having the sense and the fear to stay out of it.)
Coal is crap and so is nuclear!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

Don't forget the "nucular" bomb situation in the countries she will never visit.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home