Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Cold November Rain

Shoot I wish it was cold and raining. But no, it's only chilly and sunny. Sigh.

But the title of today's post is a tie-in to this month's K.A.Y.E. prize.

100_6432

A nice smooshiferous hank of Misti Alpaca Chunky baby alpaca.

I chose this for two reasons. First, the color, although it is called "Spring Purple" reminded me more instead of a rain/snow cloud--that deep purpley gray color they get before they dump on you.

100_6433

Second because November is the month my own Chunky was born. And there WAS a cold November rain falling that day. (Insert Slash guitar solo here.)

What do you do to win this yarn? Click the K.A.Y.E. link in this post for the rules, or click on the sidebar. Read the rules (comment entries will NOT be accepted--sorry) and if you qualify--enter!

I've been reviewing the numbers from last year's contest in comparison with this year's and I'm thinking some contest pimping might be in order.

Last year there were a total number of 161 entrants. This year, as of this post, I'm only up to 109. Not sure I'll hit 161 by the end of the year!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Disco said...

Wow, what a fantastic colour. And thanks for the memory....that song's gonna be in my head all day now :0)

Not a bad thing really.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

As soon as I saw the title, the guitar started playing in my head. So now, I must get out the ipod and listen. Thanks.
And it's November here, and it's cold and raining. So, what a perfect day to listen!!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Ooh, luscious color. I love Misti Alpaca.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I was thinking of a different song, a Harry Chapin song called November Rain. Melancholy and slow, just like a rainy day in November. That yarn is perfect for a rainy, fall day.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, it is November cold and WINDY here. AAAAhhhhh, wait it is always WINDY here. Nice yarn for the K.A.Y.E. Some of us didn't enter cause we don't knit, and if we don't win we still have to think up our own Christmas present to you! I have a good one coming this year!!! Love, Mom

8:52 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

I've now got the song "November Rain" stuck in my head.

People who share Chunky's birthday are just full of awesome. *grin* Don't stick candles in a turkey like my mom used to do!

11:52 AM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

I love that yarn! Sooooo pretty!

Hey, I may pimp your contest tomorrow...it'll tie in nicely with mine, plus give me something to blog about..hehehehhe!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Some of us old, settled ladies won't qualify for your contest every year. I'm on the three year pap schedule myself, and I imagine there are others like me: stable relationship, normal smears for 20+ years.

But it's lovely yarn!

And is very cold, windy, rainy, and grey here.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Pretty yarn! I spent my teenage years listening to all the "hair bands", and Guns N' Roses was one of my favorites. They were among the few fairly talented ones of the time - it's too bad Axl Rose was so flaky though, LOL! Slash has done a few jazz songs that are really good - have you heard "Obsession/Confession?"

5:38 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

My appointment is next week - I'll bump up your number!

7:24 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Damn, is it November already? I'll probably end up doing what I did last year - wait until the last minute then sit in my gyno's office with the other two dozen people who waited last minute.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I'll pimp the contest! I got nothing else to talk about today anyway....

8:56 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Don't you know we all procrastinate? You're sure to have another 10 or 20 entries before the end of this month...and I'm a December patient...cuz I am really good at waiting until the worst time of the year to go get my blood pressure taken.

And now I need to go dig out some runs and posers to get that out of my head....eep.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Deeners said...

I wold totally signup for another check up for Misti Alpaca. I love that stuff so much.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home