Saturday, November 01, 2008

End o'October Round Up

October is over!

I love Halloween, but I also love Thanksgiving and Christmas and Halloween is like the gateway holiday to them both.

This Thanksgiving and Christmas will be very special too with Chunky's birthday and family visiting. These things only happen once in a blue moon, or every five years in Chunky's birthday case!

Trick or treating went well.

Chunky went mainstream with his costume this year.

100_6408

Thank god he still lets me get away with making him a costume.

I made the mask and the belt out of some fun foam that cost $2. (The belt itself was an old purse strap I had lying around).

We did have to buy the black turtleneck. But it was only $2.99 (total Chicom*, I know!). I'm almost hesitant to count that since he'll wear it again as normal clothes.

He already had a pair of black pants and the cape Grandma made him years ago.

$5 total for his costume. Sweet.

So sweet Rosie wanted to dress up too.

100_6410

Hmm...her head's not quite big enough.

On the knitting front, I also finished Chunky's green and gold CSU scarf last night.

100_6409
Those are the monkey jammies Grandma made him, cute huh?

It's a simple pattern called a reversible rib I think. I've used it to knit three scarves now. Two Colorado State colored ones and one Raiders colored one for Grandpa Mad Scientist last Christmas. It's a great go-to man scarf pattern.

Finally the end of a month also means one thing--time for the monthly K.A.Y.E. winner announcement.

And the winner of the Harry Potter Ron-on-Harry (or would it be Harry-on-Ron?) Halibut Prince sock yarn is:

Melissa!

Congrats!

For the rest of October's entrants, don't fret, your name still goes in the ginormous pool for the Grand Prize drawing at the end of the year (another reason to look forward to December!).

And if you have no clue what I'm going on about, click the K.A.Y.E. link in this post or on the sidebar, read the rules, and if you qualify, let me know!

Now if you'll excuse me, now that it's November, I have to go ponder what my Christmas cards will be!


*I'm not sure if this is a disparaging term or not--my Old Man uses it to describe anything mass produced in China that you can buy at Wally's, etc. I guess it means Chinese Communist (or did back in the day) but I always thought it meant Chinese Company...

Labels: , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Mother Necessity said...

Great job on the costume! He looks like he liked it, which always helps. The scarf came out great, and he looks happy with it, which I find is much more than half the battle.

9:48 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Ok, that costume is totally awesome. I wouldn't have guessed you made it! Great job!

10:24 AM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Chunky looks awesome!! Fabulous costume!!

And love the scarf! Go Rams!

11:45 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

He looks adorable. I prefer homemade costumes over store bought any day!! I hope he got lots of favorite treats!

11:53 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

I'm with TG, I never would've guessed that costume was handmade! Well done Batmanmaker!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Excellent costuming skillz: you haz 'em!

Owen still wears home-made costumes, although he gets very involved in the construction. His are more a Dad kind of thing, though, as they often involve elaborate building from cardboard, foam core board, plaster, whatever.

I get recruited for any bits that involve sewing.

1:37 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

The costume rocks! I love that Chunky's basket is Frankenstein's head! He looks like he's loving the scarf too.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

Man, I love me some Chunky- he's so cute and love those monkey pj's! We bought our kids costumes two sizes to big, cuffed the shizzle out of them and figured we would introduce them next year as new costumes and just have them wear the other costume - cheap ass halloween x two!!!

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chunky made a good "Batman"! It looks like he really digs his scarf!! Our tally for trick or treaters was a big fat ONE. The least amount of them since we started keeping track. I blame it on not having any kids in school.
Glad that the PJ's fit.
Love, Mom

6:30 PM  
Blogger Mag said...

Adorable child and monkey. The costume turned out really great. Good job Bezzie!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Willow and I love the monkey jammies!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I love it when you can use parts of the costume again as normal wardrobe. totally cheapass chic!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Fabulous costume - great look, great price! But... gateway holiday??? *runs away screaming*

11:41 AM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Nice work on the costume!

2:31 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

excellent batman!

i like the homemade costumes so much better than the bought ones.

good work!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Chunky's costume got a "wow" out of PeeWee!!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Perfect costume....and I think it is totally funny your Chunky likes to organize his candy like my Amber....too funny.

When I was a kid my friend and I did that with all our candy and my dad took a photo. It would have make a great anti-dentist poster LOL

His scarf is great!! He looks pleased by it!

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home