Monday, November 03, 2008

Garter Stitch Love

I know I dissed large swathes of garter stitch in my post about my February Lady Sweater, but for some reason I'm OK with it in scarves.

I had wanted to knit a scarf for the Special Olympics, using some of the garter stitch patterns out of Knitting New Scarves but the effing stores around here that deal in Red Heart don't think that carrying Blue Delft is worthwhile.

Couple this with my failed attempt to knit a nice new scarf/neckwarmer for myself last winter...

When I saw the pattern for the Pioneer Braid Scarf I knew I had to cast on!

100_6416

Oh mama, this is about the funnest garter stitch you'll ever knit. It's mindless, but requires a bit o'concentration--but not enough where you can't watch a good TV program as well.

I get the feeling this scarf will be done pretty fast!

But before I leave you--remember to buy your gun vote tomorrow--because if you're one of the NYC or Seattle readers of this blog your vote could have sexy results. (Not safe for work if your office tracks where you go--but nothing risque will show up on the screen if you click).

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Wanderingcatstudio said...

Beautiful colours in the scarf, and it's a really cool pattern! I'll have to check that one out!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I like the scarf. And of all the times not to live in NYC....

8:04 PM  
Anonymous joymama said...

Beautiful scarf you've got going there. It reminds a little of the multidirectional scarf pattern. I think I'll try this one out for a Christmas present for my siser.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Gorgeous scarf!

So tomorrow, after I vote, I can get a Krispy Kreme, a tall Starbucks coffee and a brand new bullet to work off the caffeine? Talk about voter bribery!

9:03 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

What a perfect pattern to show off those colors!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

I have a massive problem with scarves that I must post about soon...in the vein of "the last knit"...

Oh darn! I don't think I can make it down to Pike street tomorrow! No fun toy for me...but hey, if it entices someone to go out and vote, well then, that's all that matters. I guess.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love the scarf. Just enough interest to keep you from falling asleep, but not so complicated that it makes your head explode at the end of day.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:14 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Very cool pattern! I hedged and tinked and ended up sticking with garter for my brother's metrosexual scarflet. But it's just straight back and forth, so I have a feeling that one, er, might take longer.

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the scarf. Those are some nice colors.
Hey! We have hit the go vote get something off ads!! If we spend $50 at FM we can take $10 off!! Whoopie!!!
Love, Mom

8:31 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

that looks like an awesome scarf! the pattern seems like it would be awesome for handspun

9:42 AM  
Blogger Rebel said...

All I can say is "God Bless America" LOL

11:09 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

I didn't click on the link because, well, I need to help bring home the bacon.

I love the scarf! Very, very pretty!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Mag said...

I bought my gun today. I'm loaded for moose.

That scarf pattern is a real beauty. Garter stitch has its place, just not so much around the waist, hips and cuffs of sweaters, IMNSHO.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I agree, that is a beautiful scarf!

Since you liked my election post, how about this (another true story): one of my coworkers got a call today from a man who said he went to vote, filled out his ballot, ran it through the scanner (Ohio is doing optical scan paper ballots this year), and the machine didn't tell him thank you! He said the machine was supposed to display "thank you" on the screen after he scanned his ballot (it's not) and it must be defective and someone needs to investigate it, ha, ha! I told my coworker, what, are we going to investigate the machine for being rude, LOL!

I'm beginning to question the IQ of the average voter, ha, ha!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

that looks interesting. Hmmm....

10:44 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I love the scarf.

I am dying at the bullet bribery. I have seen it all now I think.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home