Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Go West Young Man!

What a bummer, Horace Greeley ripped that quote off!

That's OK, I lived in Greeley, Colorado named after Horace--it smells bad there. I think Horace got his due for ripping off that quote. Sunday blood burning--yeah, I don't miss that odoriferous adventure at all!

But thank goodness for those young and old people and Manifest Destiny, lest this scarf might be called the East Coaster Lifer Plait Scarf instead of the Pioneer Braid Scarf.

100_6436


100_6437

What a great knit.

The details:

Pattern: Pioneer Braid Scarf from Hither and Yarn.

Yarn: Three balls of Noro Kureyon. Colors? Beats me. I don't pay attention to colors unless the yarn manufacturer actually names the colors instead of just numbering them. Yawn!

Needles: US 8s

Notes: Did I mention how much I enjoyed knitting this scarf? It was the perfect scarf to show the large clumps of trademark Noro color. Not to mention I finally found the neck covering I yearned to have LAST winter. My Irish Hiking Scarf just wasn't doing the trick anymore.

This will bring a splash of color to the winter-gray Newark scene! Speaking of splash of color, I guess a couple of my coworkers saw the aftermath of a stabbing today at lunch. Aye, the female chickens have their feathers in a flurry now that's for sure.

I leave you with the familiar Bezzista scarf pose.

100_6439

And yes, I will also cross post this on The Place That Shall Not Be Named because right now, there's only 7 other projects of this pattern. Since I only really use TPTSNBN as a pattern-catalogue, I like to give the less-popular projects a little exposure (unless I'm displaying a gift, in which case, I could just be adding to the white noise of the hundreds of projects in that specific pattern already posted).

Labels:

26 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

I said it before but I'll say it again. That is the most friggin beautiful scarf ever!

6:43 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Christina es correcta. Es muy bonita :)

Female chickens...that would be a hen! LOL

:)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Oh thanks for the info. on the accent marks, etc. I will use it!

8:10 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Your scarf looks like it has a split personality - I like it :)

8:13 AM  
Blogger Disco said...

What a colourful mugger you'd make :0)

Noro + garter stitch = beautiful

8:22 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I love the scarf!! The pattern really shows off the colors. It's like the pattern and the yarn were made for each other.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Ok, so I am loving that scarf. LOVE. IT. It's the first thing that's not baby clothes that's appealed to me in a while ;-) Time to get more Noro, methinks...

8:49 AM  
Blogger Cindy in Happy Valley said...

Excellent scarf! Looks like something for my "list".

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with all that are commenting here! I LOVE THAT SCARF!!! It really goes good with your jacket.
So did anyone call the cops when they saw the stabbing? The way to stop things like that is to let the perpetrators know that they are seen and cops are being called.
Love, Mom

9:30 AM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

Damn, I like that. I'll have to queue that pattern. Too bad I only have TWO skeins of Noro in the same colorway.

9:42 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

I love the scarf! I want one too. Did you use three different colors?

10:07 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

that is really nice! Does it curl at all? did you have to block it? I'm thinking it would make a nice edging to blanket if it doesn't.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

Beautifferous!

Really, I am not just blowing hot blog commenter smoke up your ass, it looks great.
Makes me want to make one, in sport weight.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Noro? High class scarf there. I only uset TPTSNBN for patterns. I haven't and won't upload my stash (such as it is) nor the number of needles I own or the projects I am working on. I like to look at the patterns and see what's available and the only way to see what people are posting is to join. That's where they got me.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Lovely scarf. It will brighten up a very dreary Newark day.

12:27 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

It's very pretty! I love the colors!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

That is a gorgeous scarf! You might get lots of offers to buy it once you wear it out in public!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Looks great!

8:18 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Gorgeous!! Absolutely gorgeous!

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Suzanne said...

I love the scarf. Great picture of you and the scarf!!!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Beauteous scarf, great pairing of yarn and pattern! Looks like the fabric is dense and cozy, with excellent wind-stopping properties.

Female chicken = biddy. But... a street stabbing before lunch? So not done. Seriously, take good care.

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

I LOVE how that scarf came out!! I'm so putting it on my Q @ TPTSNBN. I love that the scarf is just the right length at right above the stomach area.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Necia said...

Love it! It's fantabulous! You crack me up with the chicken feathers. Rofl. You're such a hard ass! I love it.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Love that scarf!! Hehe..it's the Bezzie fit alright!

5:01 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Very nice! Has that entrelacy look about it!

5:49 PM  
OpenID hitherandyarn said...

I'm ever so glad you like the pattern! It looks great in that yarn. I thought it should do well in Noro (and in fact, have designs on some Silk Garden for that purpose).

Very kind of you to plan to put it up Over There. I feel self-conscious that practically half the scarves pictured are mine....plus I do want people to see it in a yarn they can get a little more easily than my secret addiction yarn. So I was going to knit one in said Noro Silk Garden -- then more than half the projects pictured would be mine -- how pathetic is that?
Thanks for saving me!

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home