Sunday, November 23, 2008

Jingle Balls

I haven't done a secret pal swap in literally years, but I decided to do the one-time knitty Magic Jingle Ball Swap.

The gist is you take a ball of yarn, and you wind little trinkets, candy, etc. into the ball. The recipient unwinds the ball to discovery the little deelie bobs your Magic Baller has hidden in the ball of yarn.

Mine came yesterday--all the way from Sweden! All wrapped up in this beautiful yarn:

100_6447

That's REAL silver spun into that yarn! Wool, silk and silver sock yarn? Do I dare knit any socks out of it for my funkalicous feet????

Inside the ball (and I didn't take pictures while I unwound because it was dark outside and well, any blogger knows what a nosedive their pictures can take during the winter months!) was this plethora of little deeley bobs:

100_6448

I really dig that teeny roll of scotch tape! Hee hee! I'm so easily amused!

The raffia snowflakes weren't in the ball (too delicate!). But I love all the little things in there! Blinky, the Christmas tree I bought at Fred Meyer during my first (and last!) Black Friday, in 1996 will have some kickin' new ornaments this year.

Oddly enough there's already some ornaments on Blinky that were handcrafted by my Swedish roommate in college. These will fit right in!

I think I'm going to hang the little heart pocket she crocheted on Blinky as well. According to her note, the pockets are usually made from paper and filled with candy on Christmas and you don't eat the candy until the tree is taken down.

The ball came encased in this beautiful handmade origami-esque project bag shown here with a skein of super soft Alchemy Haiku.

100_6449

And escaping the pictures she also included a set of Pattern Tamers (which I've already got in use on my test knit--so much nicer than post-it notes).

So who do I have to thank for this beautiful ballage?

If I had to render a guess, I'd put my teeny tape on Sandykins!

Thanks Sandy for a fun swap!

And stay tuned for an FO tomorrow...

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Wow, that was a nice swap! I'm amazed at how all that stuff fit into a ball of yarn.

I'm amazed too that your tree has held up for 12 years. My husband and I have gone through so many artificial trees I've lost track.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow!! All that or most of it was rolled up inside that yarn??? Amazing! But it looked like fun. Love, Mom

12:50 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Oooh, that is fun stuff!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I never would have thought you could fit all the stuff into a ball of yarn! Nice swap!

I agree with Laura...I've killed many an artificial tree in the last 10 years.

3:40 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Sandykins rocks!! What a fabulous swap idea, and what awesome goodies you got!! That painted skeins yarn is sooooo purty!!

Really? No more black Fridays? I rarely go...but the past two years...yarn sale from 6-7am...30% off. Now that got me out of bed :) This year, its 35% off !!!

3:02 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

What an awesome swap. I absolutely love the yarn. I can't believe all of that was rolled into one ball of yarn!

11:31 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

What a cool swap idea! I love that idea.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Excellent swap goodies!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

What a great package...your a lucky dog!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

What a fun swap!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home