Monday, November 24, 2008

No Wonder My Nose is So Sticky!

Continuing with my pre-Christmas theme...

...and usually I hate Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving, but this year is going to be a great Christmas--we haven't had one of those in a while--I'm getting very excited about it!

We have my latest FO:

000_0191

The Chunky Santa Hat.

He asked me to make him a new Santa hat since his old one, which was part of his Halloween costume from circa 2005, no longer fit.

How could I deny?

The details:

Pattern: My own.

Yarn: TLC Cotton Plus in red and white (LOVE the Cotton Plus!)

Needles: US 7

Notes: It's a simple Santa hat with a 2x2 ribbing on the edge and a craptacular pompom. Fast and mindless.

So mindless that when you're wearing it, you won't even notice the dot of jelly on your nose leftover from eating your PB&J for lunch!

It also comes in handy that he wore this all day Sunday. We survived Saturday's temps of 35 degrees and wind without turning on the heat (Oh we came soooo close to caving! The thermostat was showing 48 degrees in the apartment!). This week is supposed to be much warmer--mid to low 40s during the day and temps right around freezing at night.

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I've had the heat on FOREVER. You're insane for not turning it on.

A great Xmas, huh? You don't say. :)

7:20 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

That is cute. I have to find some new Santa hats. It's a tradition firmly encouraged by my husband that we all wear them on Christmas Eve while we decorate the tree.

And what an interesting swap idea! A bunch of little tchatchkas wrapped in yarn (with silver!). I may use that as a gift idea for Christmas.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Cute, cute, cute! Hey, a package will be winging it's way to you next week. :)

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Is that boy cute!!! This hat should last him for a while. Love, Mom

7:55 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

that's a really cute hat. your son looks very pensive wearing it.

8:58 AM  
Blogger janna said...

You are crazy! Turn on your heat!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Great hat.

Turn on the heat. He probably didn't notice the jelly on his nose because it's frozen. :)

11:36 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Excellent hat!

I'm glad this christmas is looking like a good one!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yeah, turn on the heat, but set the thermostat at 58. It'll only run if it's really cold in there.

What a great kid you have there! Love the Santa hat.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Amysatx said...

LOVE the hat!! Yay for a Happy Christmas!!!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Chunky looks adorable in his hat! I've started my birthday count down because I am that mature. Is Chunky counting the days?

5:34 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I agree with Karen, LOL! Anything below 65 feels freezing to me!

The hat is really cute! Most of the stores around here started bringing out Christmas stuff well before Halloween - that really annoys me. By the time Christmas actually comes, I'm burned out on it! I think the stores are hoping that by putting stuff out extra early, people will spend more, but if people don't have the money to spend, they just don't.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

48 degrees? And you didn't turn on the heat???! You are one tough family.

I love the hat. Faboo!

7:02 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Damn. I made it to 58 and here I thought I was roughing it! You're amazing! And I love the hat. So cute!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

I love his hat!! I want one...hmmm good thing I got red/white in the stash..

10:23 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Love the hat! I was thinking of making little guy another hat this year....and here you go! Thanks for the idea. Off to find some red and white yarn in the stash!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Great Santa hat! Hm... if I had one, I could push the thermostat lower. Hm....

8:57 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Awesome hat!!! I love it!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Disco said...

He's ten kinds of cute :0)

8:15 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Excellent Santa hat! And dude, 48?!? How on earth do you not cave?!?

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

I'M EXCITED TOO AND OMG I JUST GOT GOOSEBUMPS!! SQUEEEE!!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home