Monday, November 17, 2008

The Quicker Thicker Pimper Upper

Only what, 37 days til Christmas?

And just in time for the joyous holiday season, my sister T. has had her first piece of writing published in a major market. I hope she doesn't mind me pimping it here.

No, it's not a novel.

No, it's not a Zagat-knock-off-guide to energy bars.

No, it's not an angsty poem about unrequited feline love.

It's more useful than that.

Bounty02

It's the copy on a jumbo pack o'Bounty paper towels available at your local Sam's Club.

T. works for a major southern Ohio advertising company where she gets paid to do stuff like this.

Bounty03

She also got to write the copy on the back of jumbo pack o'towels as well. (Down there at the bottom next to the picture of the paper towels.)

Sadly I live in a Blue State where there are closer Costcos than Sam's Clubs--so I let my Sam's Club membership lapse when we moved to New Jersey. Not sure if they sell them at Costco or not. Plus I gave up using papertowels--too expensive. So I won't get to see her work in person.

But if you're an avid Sam's Club shopper with a penchant for paper towels a holiday flair, pick some up!

Now if she gets promoted to toilet paper copy girl, I'll be able to enjoy her work!!!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

That's awesome! Congrats T!

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're SOooooooooo proud!!! We have been debating where or not to drive the 50 or so miles to Anchorage to the Sam's club there and check out the towels. We found a pass inthe newspaper that last till Nov.26th. Love, Mom

8:04 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Awww...makes me want to switch from Viva brand to Bounty!! :)

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats! I work for the P&G/ Sam's Club Team in Arkansas. We hope to sell a few this season ;)In fact, we featured them in a TV commercial for Sam's Club. Watch Food Network and maybe you can catch it (runs Nov 17- 27). Good work!

11:10 AM  
Blogger janna said...

Cool! I never actually thought about someone writing the copy on the side of a package!

1:08 PM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Wow that is cool! She looks rightly proud too.
If she gets a toilet roll job count DH in too :-)

1:35 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Cool! I'll have to go get my own copy! Sounds like a fun job!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Who knew? Someone has to write that stuff, eh?

Go T!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

That is pretty cool! I'm with Janna - I had no idea these companies actually had contracts with writers to write the package wording.

I have a Sam's Club pretty close to me, although I don't belong to it. I know the warehouse clubs have good prices, but when I used to go to them, I'd always end up buying a bunch of stuff I don't need. I do use paper towels a lot, but not Bounty - too expensive. I just buy the cheap Walmart brand kind.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Sorry, I think I blacked out for a while after reading, "37 days." Congratulations to T.!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Mag said...

Congrats sis! Nice to get paid!

You commenters need to watch the AMC series, "Mad Men". (It Good! ;-) Peeps have been paid for ad copy writing and package writing for as long as there have been ads and packaging. Every single feature on a package is designed or created by someone to make you want to pick it up and buy it.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home