Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Time Wasting

It's Thanksgiving Eve!!!

I took the day off of work to run errands this morning--and at noonish I'll pick up the Chunkmeister from school (he's had five 1/2 days in a row!) and I'll come home to do my baking. Mainly cornbread and Chunky's birthday cake.

In the meantime for lack of blogging material--enjoy the latest Top 100 metastasizing around the web!

Things I've Done (In Bold)

1. Started my own blog
2. Slept under the stars--I've done more than slept too--bow chickie bow wow!
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii--does in utero count? I was technically on my parent's honeymoon. Half-Bastard Power!
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity--Yes, but it was only to spite my beeyotch boss.
7. Been to Disneyland/world--As part of my Lower 48 Cherry Poppin' Trip!
8. Climbed a mountain--Dr. Mad Scientist proposed to me on a mountain after we were done doing #2. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched lightening at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning--Dr. Mad Scientist made me my first Mother's Day dinner and um, yeah, I can't eat eggplant anymore as a result.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown my own vegetables--Duh!
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight--Has anyone NEVER had a pillow fight?
22. Hitchhiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill--Only when I worked for the beeyotch listed in #6.
24. Built a snow fort--They take away your Alaskan Citizenship if you haven't.
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset--And I've seen the gloamin too.
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise--You'd have to kill me first to get me on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community--I know we drove thru them in Michigan.
36. Taught myself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight--Hee hee, in college...
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted--Do self-portraits count?
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain--I kissed Dr. Mad Scientist goodbye this morning at the train station before he left the car and it was raining. This counts.
53. Played in the mud--Oh purrrrrrr!!!
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia --No, but I can see it from my parents' house. Ha ha!
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching--Um, not intentionally. But when you're driving/walking by the ocean, they're really easy to spot.
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy--I think I have Kaye The Duck around here somewhere...
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial--Oog. We want to go back to D.C. But not in August in the heat with an 8 month old. NIGHTMARE!
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square--Honestly, I keep walking in Times Square. I hate the jackasses that stop on the sidewalk in Manhattan. KEEP MOVING OR GET OUT OF THE WAY!
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car--Sorry, this will never happen. I'll buy a brand new to ME car, but never a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox--Thanks to my little sister T. who brought it home from Sunday school. She owes me the last week of Third Grade--the best week of school!!!
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury--Nope. I make sure I get kicked off of them.
91. Met someone famous--Hmm...sorta. But it's probably breaking client/attorney confidentiality to tell you who.

92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby--Yes! 6 years and 364 days ago!
95. Seen the Alamo in person--Don't remind me!
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit--I'm going to say yes on this one since they don't say "named in a law suit." Law suits keep the lights on and the estimated heat paid at this house!
98. Owned a cell phone--Yes, we finally joined this movement thanks to the melting pot that is America.
99. Been stung by a bee--He got stuck on my sock. Moral of the story: Never wear socks with sandals.
100. Rode an elephant

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

I almost spit tea all over the monitor when I read your comment on #59. :) Thanks for that morning giggle.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Dr. Mad Scientist said...

Hey, I'm sure I've gotten you flowers for no reason before! (#63)

Actually, I think it was when we were laughing at what they said on the radio (I miss Bob and Tom!) about how a guy buying you flowers for no reason means he's cheating on you, and I wanted to mess with your head. :-)

7:45 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I've seen that meme going around. It's interesting to see what things people have done in their lives.

I have to work today but I'll be baking when I get home.

Happy Turkey Day.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Happy Happy Birthday to Chunky one day early! I hope he has a great birthday!!

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I found one that you missed...#84 getting your pic in the Paper. When you were in high school and the Dept. of wildlife or something like that took your class to see a tagging of a moose on the Hay Flats. If I remember rightly you were the only kid in the pic that was not right there on top of the tranquilized moose, and your forth garde teacher said you were the smartest of the group to not be right there.
Happy Thanksgiving!!
Love, Mom

9:00 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

This is the first of this meme that I have read completely. And now, I think I shall go post it.

Also, I cast on for a shawl (it's in the Rav...yeah, yeah, I know) on Sunday. I need to wear it next week Saturday. heh.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Feliz Accion de Gracias!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Rebel said...

You're awesome, bow chicka bow wow. ;)

9:45 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hey, what about teaching yourself an art from scratch? Doesn't knitting count?

10:51 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I once got stung by a bee in the ass. I couldn't sit down for a week. Good thing my job is mostly done standing....

1:38 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I feel the same way about Times Square. MOVE TOURISTS, MOVE!

7:18 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

You've done a lot of interesting things girl!

Happy Early B-day to Chunky!!



(hey my word verification word is readjoi--must be describing your blog!)

7:40 PM  
Blogger Mag said...

Have a Happy Birthday Chunky!
Wishing you a life filled with wonderful things and absolutely no bee stings and positively no tourist trips to defunct Nazi camps.

8:05 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Happy Turkey Day!! And Happy Birthday Chunky!!

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home