Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

What a productive weekend.

Saturday saw rain and crappy weather. So Chunky and I set out to stimulate the economy. Oof. I've had enough of that to last me a while. Which is good because after mid-January when Dr. Mad Scientist quits his job to concentrate on school full time, it's back to serious cheapassedness.

I don't really mind starving periods--when you know they're coming. It's the ones that you don't see coming that blow!

Sunday was most productive.

I clipped my Sunday paper coupons. (With Thanksgiving around the corner, the coupon pickin's have been ripe!)

I baked oatmeal chocolate chips for the lunches.

100_6443

I paid the cable bill.

I organized my knitting books--which were getting out of control.

I purchased some yarn for December's K.A.Y.E. prize--hee hee, it's a hot-ticket item, and I know December's going to be busy, so I nabbed it today!

I shrinkwrapped the windows with that sealing film. I finally found it at a store! Stupid Home Despot didn't have it--I just happened to find it when I walked to Harrison at lunch on Friday to pick up some Draino from an Ace Hardware store. You can tell it's a good store when they have a shop cat walking around!

That shrinkwrapping was a bitch though. I know Dr. Mad Scientist was getting tired of my constant cussing and pissing and moaning as I sealed our four most drafty windows. Mark my words, if we ever buy our own house, quaint as original 1920 windows are--I WILL have them replaced!!!

And then for some reason, I decided I would check the mail--Chunky offhandedly mentioned today that he saw the mail lady go to our house twice on Saturday.

He was right!

100_6442

Behold!

First I have my issue of Knitcircus! Great issue too--I'm really grooving on the articles they included this issue. It's a great well produced "indie" knitting/craft mag with a decent price--check it out if you haven't already.

A cute little thank you picture from Scrappy and Gangles for sending in fish for their fishie blanket that their crazy loving mom Kristi seamed up for them! (Sorry Chunky, I love you too, but no way in hell would I seam that many fish for you!)

And I finally got my canning tongs that I ordered back in July! Oh thank god, just in time for the 2009 canning season. (Can you hear my eyeballs rolling from here?)

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to do some ironing, wrap Christmas presents for the extended family for mailing after Turkey Day, and some casting on!

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

You were alot more productive than me. I can't believe you braved that nasty rain! The family and I hunkered down and hibernated on Saturday. Mmm, the cookies look great. Oatmeal chocolate chips are one of my favs.

That thank you note rocks!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Yeah, I shrink wrap outside the window trim in a couple of rooms. That's how drafty they are. and they aren't even 1920's quaint.

7:45 PM  
Blogger JRS said...

Thanks for the heads up about Knitcircus. I hadn't seen it before.

The oatmeal + chocolate chip cookie is far superior to its raisin cousin.

8:34 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Can I have some of those cookies for my lunch tomorrow !??! Yummy!

Sounds like a great weekend :)

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well it sounds like you had a very productive weekend. I did also have a productive weekend. I finished the Budnik6 Christmas presents and did some other sewing, paid bills and talked to Chunkie!!!
Those cookies look great! But did you use regular sugar in them? Just asking. Love, Mom

9:21 PM  
Blogger whichendisup said...

Drafty windows are the worst. I was ready to shrink-wrap the entire house last year, thank goodness we moved! Hey you mind sending some motivation on over here please? =)

9:28 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Did you get your hands on Malabrigo Sock Yarn? I'm gonna be so jealous if you did!

I thought you'd given up on the tongs. Good to know they finally pulled through.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Mag said...

It was 'Alaska Day' all over the TV. I learned about Alaska wildlife and how you don't want to get between a moose and his woman. Bears eating berries, men eating sockeye salmon. Airplanes that may or may not come.

I've heard tell of some Canadian thing called "furnace wars'. You can google it but I think you would win anyway.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Mmmm, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies - my absolute favorite kind of cookie! Are you sure you don't have any extras you want to send my way? Ha, ha!

The weather sucks here too - yesterday was freezing, downpouring rain (had to work, and got completely drenched from head to toe when I went out for lunch, despite the umbrella and the winter coat), and extremely windy, and today it's snowing really heavily. Five more months until spring - sigh...

10:43 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

awww...glad you liked the card! I was a little curious about what the apparatus was in the picture until I read they are tongs...yickles!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Sounds like a super productive weekend. We might be about to go through one of those "cheap spells". I'm definitely going to have to get some tips from you!

9:48 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I am still looking for the shrink wrap around here. I love chocolate chip oatmeal but I'm the only one. The family is really picky about the chocolate chip cookies but sitting here thinking about them, I really want to have some homemade cookies. I wonder if I can manipulate, I mean convince, one of my children to make some.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I had my cooter-rooting this morning! Please put me in the running for the K.A.Y.E. prize :)

11:48 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I hope your Knitcircus didn't take that long to reach you! Oh no.

The cookies look wonderful.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

4 years in this house and I'm finally thinking those quaint 1920s windows need to go. We splurged on cool wooden shutters that do the same thing though and save us the windows plus give us privacy without having curtains. But it's not quite so cold here...

7:03 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yay! that knitcircus has my yarn farmer article :).

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home