Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Cookies Come Marching

One by one!

Yesterday I started baking cookies for Dr. Mad Scientist's Alk-a-Thon on Wednesday.

First up were date balls.

Date Balls

These are a Christmastime only "cookie." They're not really a cookie, but they're not really a candy either. They are damn delicious.

Second, I baked a batch of gingersnaps.

Gingersnaps

This was my first time making them, and from the quality control ones me and Chunky ate, they're delish.

Finally, I made orange crisps.

Orange Crisps

I got this recipe from the back of the Rice Crispie (generic store brand) box. It looked intriguing and I had some orange extract that I never seem to use. So I figured I'd go ahead and try them.

They're crispy and chewy all at the same time.

On the menu for today are chocolate peanut butter filled cookies, Brazillian coffee cookies, and maybe I'll make some plain old chocolate chip cookies. Or possibly another batch of toffee cookies.

I just hope they all get eaten!!!

And if you want the recipes for any of these, click on the picture and it will take you to Flickr where I've posted the recipe in the description of the picture.

Labels:

20 Comments:

Blogger Donna Lee said...

I have to bake some extra sugar cookies this year because for some reason they're all gone and Pk asked for more. No reason. He just wanted some with less frosting. I have a vague idea of where they all went. I think I ate most of them. The orange crisps look interesting. I love orange flavored cookies.

Aren't you supposed to be resting?

7:01 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Are you sure that you just had a baby???
I'm super impressed!
All of the cookies look great. And of course, quality control is always a good thing.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

They look wonderful! Have fun baking!

8:34 AM  
Blogger bmom said...

QC -- so very important. I have to eat the defective ones so everyone else gets the perfect cookies.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

The diet is supposed to be starting... why are you posting pics of yummy cookies?!?!

8:45 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

why must you keep tormenting me with your cookie pictures? ok, i really am baking cookies this holiday weekend. seriously.

btw, your pkg is in the mail.

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eaten?!!! Is is a good thing my computer screen is not edible!! Those guys well EAT those cookies!! I have to make my date balls yet I have all that I need to do just no time. I am going to try mine with splenda though. Love, Mom

8:55 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

Cookies? What are cookies? ;-)

It's good to be young and able to stand up and bake two weeks after a bebe was ripped from one's loins.
In other words, I hope you are intermittently sitting down and he is doing the clean up.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I was just about to write the same thing Melissa said! After my pregnancies, I barely even had the energy to take a shower, let alone bake cookies - you amaze me!

The cookies look great, by the way!

10:24 AM  
Blogger janna said...

Oooh! Thanks for the recipes -- I had been meaning to ask you for the recipe for the toffee cookies, and I see it's there, too.

And yeah -- should you be spending this much time on your feet????

(verification word = viables. Almost a real word!)

10:47 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

Date balls.

11:46 AM  
Blogger maggie said...

Hey if they don't all get eaten, I know where you can send them...

12:39 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You want to come cater my regular Wednesday Night meeting tomorrow? We'll be expecting you with at least 3 dozen cookies. kthxbai.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Disco said...

Drool.......

2:34 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Thank goodness those cookies aren't in my house right now!! Delish!!

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cookies good... I'm glad all my cookies & candies I made for the holidays are gone. I've been on a sugar buzz for a week now. Happy anniversary also. Love, Aunt Susan

4:18 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Baby, cookies...you are quite the over achiever!

All of the cookies look great. I've never tasted date balls. They look good, just from that coconut on top.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Oh yum! Drooling here! I'll take the leftovers ;)

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Audrey S. said...

You must have the mellowest baby in the continental U.S. Baking??? So soon??? Have you taught Chunky how to wash dishes yet? You're supposed to be "recovering," NOT "over-achieving"!!

2:49 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Those all look so good!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home