Monday, December 08, 2008

K.A.Y.E. End Of The Year

First things first!

Time to show the prize for this month's K.A.Y.E. drawing:

100_6471

One delectable skein of Malabrigo sock yarn in "Stonechat."

This color is impossible to capture properly. It's a rich red and brown. I googled around to see if perhaps I could find someone who took a better picture than I. Alas--most of the pictures I found of "Stonechat" have been photographed with excessive flash and wash out the deep saturation of the colors.

So you'll have to settle for my ghetto photography skills!

This stuff is allegedly superwash--can you believe it? Probably not superDRY, but hey, not bad for a squishalicious yarn.

My LYS owner was touting this stuff as a nice alternative to the Malabrigo lace yarn. I've heard that the lace yarn was a bit pilly and didn't wear well.

I imagine this stuff probably doesn't wear too terribly well when it's on your feet, but lace-wise she's probably right.

So whattya have to do to get into the running for this yarn? Click the link at the beginning of this post or the sidebar button! Remember--no comment entries will be accepted!

Finally, just to leave you drooling, I'm going to leave you with a mosaic of the Grand Prize Mini-Stash you could win this year--generously donate by knitters and crocheters (and one quilter who I call "Mom") throughout the world!

K.A.Y.E. Yarn Mini-Stash
(Click to make bigger if you wish!)

How do you win this?

Well if you've already entered the contest this year--your name is already in the running!

If not, again, click the link above or on the sidebar!

No excuses people!

Read the rules--the contest was designed for everybody! It doesn't matter if you're on the three-year-scrape plan, you have nothing left to root, or you possess a penis (and I mean in your pants...not tucked away in your purse with a set of testicles! Not a safe link for work if you're logged into The Place That Shall Not Be Named!)!!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger JRS said...

Gorgeous yarn. Wow.
And what a...stimulating link. The addition of the black eyelash yarn renders them freakishly life like.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

HA HA HA...

You make this yearly no-fun deal worth dealing with...and it is cool-lookin' yarn, ghetto picture or not. Yey for my appointment being this month :).

12:17 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

ummm...WOW
Gorgeous yarn. Thanks again for doing such a cool contest.

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang I am not a Knitter!! And I already have your Christmas present. Oh well...Good Luck to everyone and may they all be good rooterings!! Love, Mom

8:56 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

wow, that's like an instant stash. i love your mom's contribution!

10:03 AM  
Blogger maggie said...

Purty, purty! I so forgot to add my name to your list back in June...dang. Oh well, that's what I get for hiding in a hole for the last several months.
Happy Holidays to ya!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

Just visiting to drool over the yarn again. Like I need more yarn . . .

7:04 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I agree with Carina - that is some beautiful yarn, and lucky you to have such generous blog readers!

I thought about you (in NJ) when I saw this article:

http://www.cleveland.com/newsflash/index.ssf?/base/national-13/12289991588950.xml&storylist=national

I bet this cat is getting some coal in its stocking, LOL!

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

This is the second time in 15 minutes that your blog gives me goose bumps!! OMG DROOOOOL!!!!

I'm getting my cooter rooted on Dec. 30th!! does That count??

Also, email me cuz I want to add something to your end of the year prize, k?

9:00 AM  
Blogger Nell said...

Gorgeous. Stonechat is so pretty. That's a lucky winner.

12:39 AM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

handpaintedyarn.com has pictures of all the Malabrigo colorways.

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home