Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Let It Snow!

Ok, I lied.

I have one more FO of 2008 to display.

Now remember, it's a dishrag, and thus kinda funky looking (and no, I'm not blocking a dishrag--maybe if it was a gift, but it's not.).

100_6522

If you cross your eyes, squint them, and turn around in a circle, that's a snowflake on there.

Pattern: Let it Snow! From December 9, 2008 of the Knit Pattern A Day Calendar

Yarn: Plain old Lily Sugar and Cream cotton

Needles: US 7

Notes: I knit this on Sunday while I was in the hospital. That's the thing about c-sections. They keep you there for a crazy long time. I was pretty miffed they didn't have me up and walking the afternoon of the 19th (I was up and walking the day I had Chunky...). But when you're hooked up to a pee bag and IV, it's easier said than done.

Saturday afternoon I was finally de-pee-bagged and up pacing my room (the maternity ward wasn't as nice as Lansing's hospital for doing laps). I read my knit-pulp-fiction my mom sent me from presumably some of the cast off donations from the library she works at.

Sunday I decided to cast on for this dishcloth and had it half done before visiting hours began and the boys showed up.

Little did I know that when I picked that pattern to pack in my hospital bag, that it would be so appropriate for the day Jersey Boy was born!

Now I've got a little souvenir (besides the obvious one) of my stay at the hospital.

Speaking of which, who knew cats could go through human withdrawal? Springs followed me around like a clingy toddler all day yesterday meowing and trying to jump on my lap.

Thankfully he and Jersey Boy have come to an understanding on how to share my now larger lap.

100_6523

He couldn't seem to understand who the hell the little person was on my lap at first. But my number one lap whore seems to have figured it out.

Labels: , ,

22 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

I like that pattern. I cross stitched an ornament for a friend who had just had a baby 2 days before me (I was in labor)..wished I had knitted back then though. Hehe I love how you explain medical stuff...wanna come to work with me ;) Glad Springs and Jersey Boy have come to an understanding ;)

8:29 PM  
Blogger Disco said...

I saw the pattern. What a great blogpost - knitting, Bezzie, baby and cat. It doesn't get much better than that.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

I was able to see the snowflake right away, but being naturally cross eyed probably helped, ha!

I love how cats are usually all stand offish, but the minute they miss you, they're like clingy kids.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see the snowflake! Now are you going to use the washcloth or put it away as a keepsake reminder of the snow storm your little one brought on?
As for the cat are you not glad that he doesn't weigh 21 lbs?
Love, Mom

11:21 PM  
OpenID bonne-amie said...

I like to do dish cloths as a way to pass the time, especially at Christmas time, after all, everyone needs a dishcloth. Speaking of needs, if there's anything you need.... you only have to say the word!

11:51 PM  
Blogger whichendisup said...

Though I didn't need to, I tried that cross-eyed, squinting, turning thing for the fun of it and nearly fell over. =D That's actually really nice, if I wasn't up to my eyeballs in washcloths I'd make it.

As for Springs, I knew, I could have warned you. My 2 felines do that after I get back from errands. It's nice to be missed, right?

12:10 AM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Dude, you're in snuggle heaven. The only other thing you need on that couch with you is your other boys and cat!

-T.

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the dishcloth. You & the babe look very content. He's a keeper! Merry Christmas to you and the boys! Love, Aunt Susan

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

I had sections with my last two. If I would've had sections with ALL of them, I may actually have had more kids. I love them - the sections. and the kids, too!!! I was able to walk around the same day with both of mine and I heard all these whiney women all over the floor crying and hollering in pain. I was so confused. I had the nurses confused too cuz they didn't understand why I was up, showered, makeup on, hair did and knitting in my chair. :o)

That cat looks pissed.

I'm quite loquacious this morning.

I'll stop now. :D

SMOOCHES!

8:35 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Nice! Hehe, Springs seems to have figured out how to share your lap by sitting on your knees!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

I have to say Springs looks a little resigned not to be the #1 lap-warmer.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

Merry Christmas Bezzes!

They keep you in bed longer if you had an epidural. Is it wrong that I want that enormous cat to get off your lap at this particular juncture? ;-)

11:11 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Cute dishcloth! My cat could care less about sitting on my lap. The only time she's affectionate is when she sees me getting out the jug of milk, and she starts purring and rubbing on my legs. Ungrateful cat! I guess the kitty is jealous of the baby - hopefully Chunky won't be too jealous, too. : )

12:37 PM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Springs knows his place! Hee hee...trust you to use your "spare time" wisely nice dishcloth, cute baby

12:58 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Ah yes, the confused cat meets the new baby. Been there, done that. They learn to work it out eventually.

I hope you're getting some sleep and not doing too much to keep everyone else happy.

Merry Christmas!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Linnea said...

Bezzie, he already has a nose hair trimmer, otherwise I might have considered it!

Merry Christmas.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Mary, Mary... said...

Congratulations! On the pattern and the baby, especially the later. ;) now, get some sleep!

8:06 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Aw how Sweet. Springs is jealous of the mommy time!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

I could see snowflake - it's cute! Oh, and your cat is bigger than your baby... that trips me out!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Saw the pattern, but then again, I was always good at those magic eye pictures ;-)

Beautiful winter pic - congrats again!!!

(and, can I say that I nearly spit out my egg nog when I read "number one lap whore"? SO know what that means!)

8:03 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I see it!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I love your kitty...how sweet you were so missed. Oh and your little man is so sweet.

I will be so enjoying all your photos you share of him!!!

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home