Saturday, January 24, 2009

D'one!

This is Post 666. From heavenly cookies to Mark of the Beast Post numbers---Eeeek!

Here's the thing about January: I seem to gravitate toward Rosi G. patterns.

Last year it was Capitán, this year it's D'lado (yeah that's a link to The Place That Shall Not Be Named-sorry).

As I look like a D'oofus in a slouchy hat, I didn't knit that part of the two-fer pattern, I only knit the cowl.

100_6645
Dark circles courtesy of Moochman Makeup.

I didn't think I'd ever like cowls, but I dig this. I always thought they'd be floppy and not create a good "neck seal" keeping the cold air out, but D'Lado fits really well!

Of course I have to include a bandito picture as well.

100_6646

The stats:

Pattern: D'Lado by the aforementioned Rosi G.

Yarn: Lorna's Laces Worsted Weight in "Vera"

Needles: US 7

Notes: No intentional modifications to speak of. There is a part of this that you can't see where I made one of the checkerboards in the pattern a row too big. Not sure how I did that because it should have interrupted the pattern and they symmetry of the checkerboard/stockinette pattern, but it didn't (and thus I didn't notice it until I was pretty far behind it!).

Additionally, on the first chart I also did garter stitch instead of stockinette--but it's at the back of the cowl and to the untrained eye (or someone getting really all up in my space) you can't tell. That's my Amish modification, i.e. my rationalization for making a stupid mistake.

Final verdict on this pattern: D'Elightful!

Once you finish knitting it, don't forget to put your hands up in the air like you just D'on't care.

100_6648

Labels:

21 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Nice cowl! I found that I really like cowls too. No long scarf ends to tuck in or tie somewhere.

Do you love it when they call you Big Knit-ta? heehee

6:46 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Love your bandido picture! Great job on the cowl. It actually looks really warm, and like it wouldn't have that annoying front gap you get with a scarf. I think I want one.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Hee hee you are so cute. :)

Daily at work, I imagine I have my hands up in the air like I just don't care...not really, but perhaps!

Cute cowl! Rosi creates so neato stuff!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

Aren't you adorable! ;) Very pretty cowl, love that Vera in LL.

8:19 AM  
Blogger janna said...

Cute! I'll have to add that to my cowl queue.

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

love love love the Vera colorway in LL! I have some LL so I think I'm gonna have to make another D'Lado, D'ude. :D

"wave your hands in d'a air, wave em like u just d'on't care!"

8:59 AM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Um, you're a nerd.

-T.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure that it is Moochman giving you the dark circles? Remember if you rub your eyes you give yourself a black eye. So stop rubbing your eyes and blaming that CUTE DUDE!!!

Yes, I like my cowl, there is no way that you can lose it unless you take if off. Mine though they call a "Smoke Ring". I do like the color of yours!

Who is your photographer?

Love, Mom

1:52 PM  
Blogger Brena said...

I love the hands in the air pic. Throw 'em up! I also love that cowl.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Disco said...

I like the cowl. They look like the same colours as the Jaywalkers I'm wearing today.

:0)

4:13 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Your mom is so cute with her comments about your "black eyes." My mom used to blame mine on falling asleep on my fists...

That's an awesome color and a great looking cowl. I like the idea of knitting it scarf-style so you can stop when it's just the circumference you want.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

You have me totally lost with all the knitting terminology, but the cowl is cute!

I hear you about the dark circles! I figure I have about 13 more years before I'll get any real rest (when my son turns 18).

By the way, I thought of you when I saw this: http://www.craftstylish.com/item/39876/how-to-turn-old-sheets-into-shopping-totes (I know how you like cheapass projects and eco-friendly, ha, ha!)

8:02 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Oops, that should have read "cheapass and eco-friendly projects"!

8:03 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Love it! And I love the color you chose of Lorna's...its one of my favorites!

8:15 PM  
Blogger SiressYorkie said...

I think you should re do that Bandito one again with a bandolier over your shoulder and a sign that says, "VIVE LA REVOLUCION!"

Now THAT'S a knitting picture, lady.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Linnea said...

Cute! And I looove the pooling in the colors.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe...great cowl there! I wear mine Bandido style in the mornings around here. At least they are multi useful huh ;) you know in case you need to make a quick getaway!

4:43 PM  
Blogger jaaladay said...

Hey, thanks for turning me on to Rosi's patterns! You did a lovely job on the cowl.
Love the makeup--looks like the same kind I wore a few years ago. Yikes. I hope your li'l guy settles down quicker than ours. Suffice to say they're not Sleepers.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Love the bank robber got busted pic of you!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

I love that pattern!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I keep saying I am goin gto knit me a cowl . And it keeps not happening. sigh. Yours looks really nice.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home