Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Freezer Spelunking

I ushered in the quiet transfer of power at 12:01 letting a Mooch mooch some food off of me.

I thought about waiting to change his diaper until 12:01 just for the symbolism, but someone was packing a load and couldn't wait past 11:30 for his own personal transfer of the turds.

Speaking of bodily fluids, with T-minus four weeks and counting til I go back to work, I've started to attempt to up the supplies of Fresh Squeezed Mommy Juice for Dr. Mad Scientist's use when watching the Mooch during the day.

While I was putting my first measly ounce of FSMJ into the back of the freezer I discovered the last cup of pumpkin from September.

I went through my cookbooks and I've come up with the following pumpkin recipes I could execute:

* Pumpkin praline muffins
* Pumpkin bread
* Carrot pumpkin cookie bars
* Harvest pumpkin cookies
* Spiced pumpkin muffins
* Pumpkin cranberry muffins

They all sound really good, but I can only make one! What do you think?

And as long as we're walking down bloggo memory lane, remember my annoying robo call from a Texas Republican trying to get me to vote for him (despite the fact he called me in New Jersey and it had been nearly 2 years since I lived in Texas)?? Actually he robo-called me TWICE before election day.

He's the same fucknut trying to hold up Clinton's confirmation as Secretary of State. Thank god he didn't get my vote!! Ha ha!

Labels: , ,

26 Comments:

Blogger Brena said...

Pumpkin Praline muffins sound wonderful. Praline's are amazing.

Michael made up for Moochman, he took a dump while the President was swearing in. He's proudly told everyone he's seen since then.

6:26 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

The cookie bars sound good!

6:40 AM  
Blogger Amysatx said...

mmmm..Pumpkin Praline muffins sound best to me!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hmmm, I don't like anything pumpkin flavored (yes, I know I'm weird), so I can't help you on that one!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Cindy in Happy Valley said...

Cripes!! What a lame brain! So glad you didn't vote for him! (chuckle) It scares me that he apparently won though......

7:46 AM  
Blogger Rebel said...

spiced pumpkin muffins get my vote, I think they'd be awesome for breakfast.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I also vote for spiced pumpkin muffins

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I guess I will go with everyone else and vote for the Pumpkin Praline muffins.

As for that guy in TX....He got elected????

Love, Mom

8:26 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Now, now. You're a Feeding Mommy and need lots of good nutrition. So buck up the nutritional content by making either the recipe with carrots or cranberries.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

I must be craving pumpkin pie...because the spiced pumpkin muffins sound yummy.

Though cookies would go farther...isn't it National Thrift Week or some-such thing?

9:25 AM  
Blogger janna said...

I vote for Pumpkin Cranberry muffins -- I love cranberries! And as for Cornyn (the Texas politician) -- he is a total whack job, and doesn't get along with anyone but Big Oil. He doesn't even seem to like other Republicans!

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pumpkin Praline Muffins get my vote! Love, Aunt Susan

10:46 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Dunno what you should make. I out of the pumpkin mood. Holidays are over ;)

10:51 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Pumpkin praline muffins! If annoying robocaller was named praline, I might even vote for him.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I'm not a fan of pumpkin anything, so I'm afraid I'm no help there. And what is it with the idjits? Don't know when to give up, much? Or is it sore loser???

12:37 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

Pumpkin Bread!! Num!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Pumpkin praline muffins. That's what I want ... I mean, what I think you should make ;).

1:04 PM  
Blogger Mother Necessity said...

I vote for pumpkin bread - easy to just dump the whole thing in a loaf pan and be done with it.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

No pumpkin cheesecake??

Sacrilege.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

No pumpkin cheesecake??

Sacrilege.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Good grief, the thought of pumpkin bread is making me drool. My aunt makes the bestest pumpkin bread (though I haven't tried anyone else's) only on Thanksgiving.

Getting FSMJ always made me laugh. I felt like a milk cow.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I vote for pumpkin bread!

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

I vote for the muffins, simply because "pumpkin praline" sounds intriguing.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Disco said...

CRANBERRIES. Gotta get the fruit in for the moochman.

7:43 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

I don't know which one you decide to make, but they all sound good. I have a recipie for Pumpkin butterscotch muffins sitting around that I'm waiting to try out.
But I love butterscotch.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Pumpkin praline sounds good.

Not to worry, some people on the Mall made up for Moochman by waving "Do a deuce on Bush" cards.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home