Monday, January 26, 2009

Randomness

I've got a couple of things to blog about this week, but nothing that's post-ready yet.

So I'll give you the recipe for the pumpkin cranberry cookies:

2 cups of flour
1 teas. baking powder
1 teas. cinamon
1/2 teas. baking soda
1/2 teas. allspice (or you could use pumpkin pie spice)
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin (canned not pie filling)
1 egg
1 teas. vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup dried cranberries

Cream together your butter and sugar. Add the egg and pumpkin pie. Mix in the dry ingredients--adding the nuts and cranberries last.

Drop by the spoonfull 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 375 degrees.

And before I leave, I'll give you a picture of a great article I read in the Sunday paper entitled: "How to Keep or Find a Job in a Challenging Economy"

100_6654

Here's the best part of the article:

100_6656

Yes, make sure you're idispensable and that your work is error-free. Unless you're the person in charge of editing newspaper articles before they make it to print.

And finally I'll leave you with a random Moochie picture.

5 weeks

This is his five week picture. Each week I try to take a picture of him in the same place--kinda like I did when I was pregnant. We'll see how long I can remember to keep it up!

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Hilarious! Your Moochie is adorable!

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK! I guess I have been working wrong all this time. Once I got the job....I should have been slacking OFF!!!

OH! Oh! OH!!!! That Moochie is just sooooooooo CUTE!!! I just want to reach through my computer screen and squeeze HIM!

Love, Mom

8:04 AM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Bezzie, yours is the most idispensible blog around. ;)

8:10 AM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

I love typos like that. LOL!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

LOL, literally. "make sure your work is error free" Poor things. I wonder if they at the newspaper are laughing about it or red-faced?

Smoochie Moochie::::::::::
I see he is getting fed regular. Big.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

We are starting to get the "you're either with us or against us" talk. Like there is only black and white in the world of mental health. The sound of belts tightening is becoming louder. I guess I better start working on that "being indispensable" thing.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Great article. I love looking at Wanted Ads on some of the telecommunting sites where the "employer" says he/she wants someone who has perfect grammar skills, but the ad is full of errors.

I guess that would be why the company was looking for a grammarian :).

10:25 AM  
Blogger janna said...

I think by the time he's 13 or so, he's going to refuse to lay on that blankie! ;-)

Thanks for the recipe!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'd like to be idispensible. Especially when it comes to error-free work.
Moochie Poo is getting so long!!
my passcode is bullyz, hee hee

11:47 AM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Mooooochie! So cute! Those little footies are edible. Not doing anything helpful for me in my quest to space out my children by at least two years...

12:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

How funny is that with the article!

I love Moochie's little blanket sleeper - too cute!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonder if they used spell check?

Moochie is too cute! Good Luck with taking the pictures weekly.

Love, Aunt Susan

4:53 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Thanks for the recipe. That article is all sorts of funny.

Look at that cute Moochman!

6:02 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

That is AWESOME. Guess one reporter's getting laid off soon!

Moochie is so damn cute!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

so, do you think we should take the advice on how to keep your job?

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home