Thursday, January 15, 2009

Updated Old FO

Remember the Koigu Tulips Baby Sweater I knit for Dr. Mad Scientist's brother's new baby boy?

Well, that wasn't a total lie.

His brother did have a baby boy in October, but he didn't get the Koigu Tulips Baby Sweater:

BJB

I'll be honest, he's cute, but not as cute as Moochie.

But that's how the rule of Parental Bias works.

Parental Bias means that despite the fact that you do love a baby, you're entitled to say that your baby is cuter.

It's tacky, but it's allowed.

For example, my brother also had a baby boy a little over a week ago (The honest to god recipient of the German Baby Tulips Sweater! All of this crap is in The Place That Shall Not Be Named--so if you want to go look at it, go ahead, I'm too lazy to link you over but my TPTSNBN user name is Kayebugs...):

FGB

Cute! Very cute! But again, the rule of Parental Bias means that this one is cuter.

100_6625

Now I have no problem with my brother in law or my brother saying that their boy is cuter than Moochie (even though he does look smashing in the Koigu Baby Tulips sweater) because under the rule of Parental Bias, they're allowed.

100_6626

Yes, Moochie, all this baby talk is making me crabby too--moving on!

Yesterday during an email exchange with my sister T. we were talking about cleaning out our closets and all those t-shirts we can't bear to part with.

Last night, I decided to tackle my t-shirt drawer and do some weeding.

100_6627

I'll update you with what happens to these cast offs soon!

I also went through my closet last night and decided that since it has been nearly four weeks since Moochie was ripped from my loins, I ought to try on my work slacks and maybe some of my jeans to see if they still fit.

The jeans are a little snug, but nothing that will make me blue in the face, and the work pants fit!

And the best part? Come mid-February when I go back to work, I'll be able to wear work slacks that have POCKETS! Oh sweet pockets! How I've missed you so!!!

Labels: , ,

23 Comments:

Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Your little one is sooooo cute! :) Yay! for you and fitting back into your clothing so quickly!

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pockets!!! You are MY daughter!! I cannot live without pockets!! Where would I keep my chapstick spare keys and quarters for exchanging for state quarters??? You can't go running back to your purse every time you need chapstick.

I thought that that sweater was for Moochie!!! He is soooooo cute!!!

Love, Mom

9:15 AM  
Anonymous NikBudnik said...

I have not seen a baby as cute as Moochie since my hunk of a boy LJ was born.
Isn't fitting into non prego clothes great??

9:30 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Bezzie, on spinning, I was always spinning more heavy worsted, and I have finally figured out how to achieve a true worsted weight! It just takes practice, practice and more practice :)

10:07 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Very cute. The sweater looks great on him and congrats on the pants. That's fantastic!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

When done non-hierarchically, parental bias is so full of win-win-win! Congratulations on the pants.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

That reminds me of a story about some Vogue person who wanted to do away with handbags for women and just have pockets in all their clothing, like men do! Well, she was informed in no minced wordage how an entire ecostructure of employment would starve and die without women's need for purses. Hah. I love pockets too, except for choco storage. :-)

The nephew is a beauty.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Mother Necessity said...

Good for you on the pants - I finally forced myself to give away my maternity jeans about 6 months after my 2nd was born. I needed to wear real clothes to get out of the denial about how big my bottom had actually become...

11:42 AM  
Blogger Disco said...

Moochie rocks that cardi :0)

12:15 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Wow! That first picture of Moochie ... he looks just like Dr. MS. Crazy!

Can't wait to see your repurposed t-shirts :).

12:21 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

He is so freaking cute. I keep forgetting to email you. I have a ton of Pampers, Huggies, Similac, Enfamil, Gerber, and some Target specific coupons that I don't need and I thought you might want them for yourself.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Cindy in Happy Valley said...

Damn that Moochie is a sweet kid... But he has a way to go to match Chunky if you ask me. He is one cute boy.

2:45 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

If you're thinking t-shirt quilts, I wish you luck. I've made three, and if the finished product wasn't always so fantastic, I would swear them off permanently. Good luck! :) (verification word: moodmand ... kinda made me think of Moochie!)

3:21 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Moochie looks like you in that first picture. Or maybe his expression is one you often wear. haha!

-T.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

The sweater looks great on Mooch. How awesome that he's got cousins his age.

Speaking of Mooch, the book I'm reading now has a character named Mooch who lives in Jersey. LOL

I can't live without pockets. The more the merrier. I can't believe you fit into your clothes again so quickly!

5:36 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Moochie is stylin' in that sweater!

7:02 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

The Koigu Tulip Baby Sweater looks so cute on the Mooch!

8:55 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I hate my work pants that don't have pockets! Where do I put my chapstick? or keys? I keep locking myself out of my office! I read somewhere that you can make shopping bags out of those t-shirts. It looks pretty easy and very green.

9:08 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Congratulations on the bod bouncing back! And I think you are absolutely correct in who is cuter ;)

6:11 AM  
Blogger Abril said...

OMG! Has it been so long since the last time I read your blog? I don't even remember you being pregnant.
Congratulations on the baby, he's very cute :-)

8:22 AM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Nice sweater!

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Audrey S. said...

Tons of baby boys, all at the same time! Congrats to brothers and BILS, and I agree, Moochie is the cutest (and that Koigu sweater is AWESOME!).

Almost makes me wish I was still in the baby-making stage...they turn into teens, then it's not so much fun, although the daycare is certainly cheaper! When DD asks for money to go to a movie, I have to remind myself of the monthly daycare bills and suppress my first (and second, and third) instincts to say "NO!"

12:58 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Your moochie is one heck of a gem!!!!

Congrats on getting back to your pre-pregnant self....that always feels so good!

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home