Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cookie Crumbles

In honor of Fat Tuesday, I'm doing my part to keep y'all fat and happy.

Here's how I made yesterday's Swirly Turtle Cookies. This is sort of my own recipe.

I used Betty Crocker's Caramel Refrigerator Cookie below to make one batch of dough.

1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 egg
1/2 teas. vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 teas. baking soda
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
Chopped (fine) pecans
6 ozs. chocolate caramel swirl chips

Cream the butter, shortening, and sugar together. Add the egg and vanilla. Lastly add the flour and baking soda. Divide the dough. Add the finely chopped pecans to one half of the dough and the cocoa powder and chocolate caramel swirl chips to the other half.

Next, take your pecan caramel dough and roll it into a large log. Divide the chocolate dough into two and roll it into two logs that are the same length as the caramel log. Sandwich them on either side of the caramel roll and then roll it into one big happy log.

100_6811

Yeah it looks like a multicolored turd.

Put it in the fridge for 30 mins. or longer.

Cut the cookies into 1/2" slices

100_6813

And bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.

You'll end up with the cookies in yesterday's post. Yum.

But what I'm really craving right now I blame on living for six years in Michigan--it's Fat Tuesday which means it's Pączki Day!

Labels:

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha!!! I was thinking and reading "It looks like a turd!". I am going to have to try this with some splenda. Love, Mom

8:44 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Darn, I wish I could still eat nuts, because that looks really tasty! Now what's your secret for staying so thin when you're always making cookies???

9:17 AM  
Blogger whichendisup said...

Thank You! This is def going on the sooner-rather-than-later list.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

I stood in line for 45 minutes to pick up my order. YUM. This is the best bakery around. And CHEAP. We tried a different one last year, costly and not so good. ugh. but these...yeah, I had one for breakfast.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe. Can't wait to try it. Love, Aunt Susan

10:35 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

The local bakery sells packzi and I always buy them for the family. There are some polish foods that are wonderful (just don't give me kielbasa)

11:33 AM  
Blogger janna said...

Okay, I know paczki aren't "just doughnuts," but I live in a city without a single doughnut shop (crazy, huh?) and I'd settle for a doughnut that was made this morning, as opposed to one that was in a box for a week before it got here!

And thanks for the cookie recipe!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Thanks for the recipe! I'm going to try these on a "cheat" day.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I love rolled cookies. We had pancakes for dinner tonight :)

8:18 PM  
Blogger Mag said...

I love the recipes I invent myself the most.

Oh and to add to the potty humor: if it doesn't look like a turd now, it soon will. ;-)

9:40 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

You should enter one of those receipe challenges/contest thingies. These cookies look to good not to try. I always look forward to see what's coming out of the Bezzie Bakery!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

It's I'm still fat Wednesday here now :)
I'd really worry about what I was eating if I pooped that out hee hee hee!

5:04 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Those look delicious!! Here it is...Ash Wednesday, and I've got a brownie/cookie combo in the oven for Stitches tomorrow!!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Oh yum!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Those looks so good!

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home