Monday, February 02, 2009

Futbol Americano

We really didn't give two squirts who won the Super Bowl this weekend.

But we used the opportunity to take these:

100_6701

and add a little hot sauce:

100_6702

...to make crock pot hot "wings." Only drumsticks were on sale $4 for 4 pounds. I couldn't resist that. Who needs wings?

Sadly Chunky gave me a cold so even though I ate them, I didn't get to taste them. But the boys assured me they were delicious.

Moochie geared up for the game by wearing the socks Chunky bought at the school's Secret Santa Store.

100_6703

Chunky informed me (and mind you this was before Moochie made his appearance) that he figured since his favorite sport was football, he would get his little brother a pair of socks with footballs for Christmas. So damn cute.

It was a good game. I'm glad it was close as blowouts are boring.

I'm a little bummed the Cardinals didn't pull it off. But only because I like rooting for the underdog. That, and I still harbor some animosity towards the Miami University football team for cancelling a game against Colorado State we could have driven to watch while we were living in Michigan. That's back when Pittsburgh's IKEA-sounding-monikered QB Roethlisberger played there.

Yes, my heart will always belong to college football.

100_6707

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

How cute the socks are! I'm totally clueless when it comes to sports. I didn't even realize that the Super Bowl was on yesterday, ha, ha!

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were getting a little crazed at our Super Bowl party with our bowling bunch. We were cheering on the Cardinals. I had a Cardinal's towel that was a give-away when Uncles Joe, Mike, & Pete and Aunt Debbie & I went to Arizona to DaBears and Cardinals Monday Night game a couple of years ago(Uncle Mike lives a 15 minute walk from where the Cardinals play in AZ). I was swinging the towel around going crazy(got to love Kurt Warner-good Midwest boy). Too bad the Cardinals couldn't pull it off. Chunky and Great Uncle Joe have to get together because Uncle Joe likes his football(esp. DaBears!).

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha!!! Chunky is going to have Moochman watching futbol, playing futbol, and dreaming futbol!!!
Cute little socks!!
Sorry about your cold, at least you will be over it before you go back to work.

Love, Mom

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

So where's the recipe for the hot wings (altho i'll be using honey bbq sauce on mine TYVM).

OMG the socks are too cute!

9:02 AM  
Blogger whichendisup said...

Chunky is such an awesome big bro'! The boy was using the game to instruct Ms. L on the finer points of the game. What did she get from it? "Go Yellow Team!!!"

9:14 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Squeee....baby feet!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Shelley said...

We need that cookie recipe!!!

Your boys are cute. The Superbowl was on a little late for us, I'm im bed at 9pm these days!

12:06 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

How cute are those socks!! Chunky is too cute!

I was cheering for the Cardinals too! And like you, I'm a college football fan at heart too!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Mag said...

I'm telling you, both of his feet were not touching the ground! tee hee, you're gonna hear this from AZ Cardinal fans, forever.

Get well soon.

Oh, and congrats on your 1 year of hard work and countless rewards, DMS!
(You too Bez. Sobriety doesn't happen in a vacuum.)

12:52 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

You get bonus points for spelling "Super Bowl" correctly and double bonus points for correctly spelling "Roethlisberger." Now if I could just strangle the person who decided "Six-Burgh" was a good idea, my week would be complete! :-)

2:29 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

mmm, chicken wings!

i thought the game was highly entertaining this year, though the commercials were boring.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Love the socks and Chunky's thoughtfulness! Those cookies look amazing too.

Sucks that you couldn't taste the chicken. But at least your boys enojyed it.

6:33 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Were they hot wings? Cause even if youcan't taste em the hot sauce can clear your sinuses in a hurry!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Disco said...

wings are over-rated - all bones and skin, eeewww!!!

Chunky is such a great big brother. You should be proud of him :0)

Ha. My verification is 'meate' - me ate?

9:52 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Those drumsticks look pretty tasty!
I'm a college football fan myself

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home