Sunday, March 29, 2009

History Repeating

Remember when I posted about this?

We had a bit of deja vu today sitting in the living room when I heard the distinct sound of car hitting car.

100_6883

No one knocked unconscious this time.

But we did get to witness some police verbal brutality when the cop in the patrol car you see there started screaming at a lady that nearly hit him when he did a spontaneous U-turn in the road.

Yeah she could have been going a little slower, but he could have also LOOKED before he took the U-turn. He sat there for a good five minutes verbally berating her--yelling and addressing her in a condescending manner. Because you know that's more important than directing the traffic still trying to get around the accident or perhaps assisting the drivers and getting their stories.

I know not all cops are jackasses like this guy appears to be--but it's a shame when the bad apples have to make their presence so well known like this guy.

And speaking of history repeating. I unearthed a picture this weekend.

7 Year Twins

That's Moochie on the left at 55 days old (a little over a month ago) and of Chunky on the right at 46 days old.

Yikes. Ain't no denying they're brothers! I also like the way they have their heads cocked to the same side. Hee hee!

That shirt is a "vintage" one that Mom handed down to me when I was pregnant with Chunky. I'm not sure if I wore it--but it's at least 21 years old! ETA: I stand corrected. I wore this shirt. Apparently my Old Man bought when my mom was pregnant because he thought I was a boy---and the car he drove at the time was a Chevy Impala Super Sport. The boys should be damn thankful they don't make "Tempo" or "Century" t-shirts (the two cars I drove respectively when they were born).

More baking, sewing, knitting and spinning posts to come this week!

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Holy cow, the boys look like twins!

Personally, I haven't met a cop yet that doesn't have a jerky personality. I have a few cops in the family and it applies to them too. Maybe going through the academy does something to them,

11:17 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Sometimes I wonder if the power cops have goes to their head. I have met a few in the course of my practice as a pharmacist and one ofthem was normal. the rest....a bit 'holier than thou'

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cops are the same the world over!

As for that shirt make it 31 years old! Your father bought it when I was pg with you, he had a chevy car that was a supersport!! And the way you kicked he thought that you were going to be a BOY!!

Love, Mom

1:30 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

My oldest brother has an ex-girlfriend that's a cop. After he broke up with her, and started dating another woman (his wife now), she showed up at the fire station where he worked, and told his coworkers that his new girlfriend (who's Arabic) was a terrorist.

Then she was sending him all these threatening text messages, and in one, she spelled out his girlfriend's name, and wrote something derogatory for each letter - G = Gross, and so on.

Now mind you, in addition to this lady being a cop, she was in her 40's, too! Certainly way too old to be acting like that. My brother told me one time if he ever turned up murdered, I'd know why. She was truly nuts, and the idea of someone like that walking around with a uniform and gun is scary.

That's amazing how much Chunky and the baby look alike, like little clones of each other, LOL!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'll leave out my thoughts on who even becomes a cop...

Moochie and Chunky are twins! I love seeing kids so far apart wearing the same outfits :) I have pictures of my niece in my clothes!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I love the pics of the boys! So cute!

And I am SO happy to see you back. I've been going thru Bezzie withdrawal. :)

7:20 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe..they are so cute in that shirt. Now if Mom found one of you in it....hehe

6:05 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Oh yeah a baby Bezzie in that shirt picture would totally complete the set.

Having known and befriended a number of cops while I worked the late shifts at AM/PM mini-mart/gas station in East LA...you have all kinds of folks wearing badges. His words...Also, if you're ever in big trouble? Call the fire dept.

Could it be he was freaked cuz he almost got into an accident and the pressure/embarrassment would have been too much? I'm not trying to find an excuse, I just knew kids in my classes that'd react the same way in close-call situations of all kinds.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

They are splitting images of each other....my middle daughter and youngest are the same.

Cops like that worry me....too much power in the wrong hands. Poor lady.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home