Friday, April 24, 2009

I Almost Forgot!

Cookie of the week!!!

100_6958

These are my own creation. They're not bad, but I probably wouldn't make them again. They're a white chocolate chip, oatmeal, pineapple, walnut cookie.

I had some leftover pineapple from my Mom's visit (she's like Brittney--we made sure she had 3 cases of diet soda at 73 degrees, a bowl of 342 cheerios, and canned pineapple) and I needed to do something with it!

I wouldn't make these again, or I would at least tinker with the recipe, because they're a little too moist for their own good. Come lunchtime if you packed two or three of them in your lunch, they will have fused into one giant lumpy super-cookie.

Not that that's a bad thing, but sometimes it's nice to eat your cookies separately.

This weekend the weather is supposed to reach nearly 90 degrees. Ugh. Cookie of the week might be a no-bake kind!

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh but pineapple in a cookie? I don't think I've ever had such a treat. And add in white chocolate? Sounds like heaven. Yum.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Sounds yummy to me! Maybe dried pineapple to cut down on the moisture factor?

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three cases of warm, diet soda? Ha-Ha! Just like your Grandma. Cookies sound good except for the pineapple. I like pineapple, but I don't think I'd like it in a cookie. Love, Aunt Susan

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little more flour or time in the oven, that would make those cookies dry out a bit. They look good those, I bet with the pineapple you didn't have to use too much sugar. Love, Mom

8:43 AM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Now I'm craving cookies!! Delish!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

They sound delish. Maybe if you made them into bars?

And who knew your mom was such a diva?

7:21 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Well, they look yummy!

Today it was in the 80s here and I discovered that my car AC is no longer blowing cold air. Interesting! tomorrow it will be plummeting through the 50s as the day goes on.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

They look good, although I'm not a big fan of pineapple generally.

Well, after flying cross country to see you, I guess mom deserved a little star treatment.

10:12 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Oh..wow, drooling..all that in a cookie! Bummer about the moisture though ;)

10:44 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I like pineapple, but not in a cookie (although the rest of the ingredients sound good!). My husband and I used our leftover Easter ham to make a Hawaiian pizza with ham, pineapple, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, and pizza sauce - now that was good!

10:45 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Those look really good....I like cookies that clump.....you can eat more without guilt LOL

7:51 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Don't know about the walnuts... other than that I would gobble them up. I love dried pineapple.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

A no bake recipe would be good! I have yet to find one that appeals

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home