Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring Is For Sewing

I was reminiscing that it's been almost exactly one year since I dusted off The Beast (aka my sewing machine) and started to dabble in sewing.

I say dabble because I haven't quite mastered more than just a rudimentary pattern.

Which is fine by me because even the most simple patterns produce really cute things.

For example take these that I whipped up this morning before 9:00 a.m. (thanks to my Moochie wake-up call at 7:30 a.m.).

100_6953

They're not sewn the best, but they're still very cute. They're the Kimono Baby Shoes from Homespun-Threads.

One of the associate attorneys at work is expecting a baby girl in August with his wife. I'm thinking I'll pair these booties with the panda from the World of Knitted Toys book I checked out from the library this weekend.

I made sure that the booties fit a 4-5 month old (which is when I imagine the baby will be wearing shoes/socks a bit more regularly--I know my Moochie will be pretty barefoot in the dog days of summer). And they fit pretty well.

Moochie didn't want me taking a picture of him in girl shoes though.

I tried to convince him.

But he's hard to convince. Just like I tried to convince him to stop eating my baby.

100_6948

Another associate attorney who had her baby three weeks ago brought her little boy into the office on Friday. While her little boy was cute, I can't believe that Moochie has already gotten so big in a scant four months!

100_6950

He's eating my baby starting with his hands!!

It's a good thing he's damn cute.

100_6951

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

That is a very cute sewing project. Today is also sewing day around here. I am going to attempt to make a purse. Actually, a trial run at a purse, since I am not sure of what shape I want it to be. I got me some $1.50 fabric and am gonna play with the VINTAGE sewing machine. (see, I can learn. slowly, but nonetheless....)

10:27 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

He is not cute....he is absolutely adorable :)

Moochie, stop eating youself ;p

11:20 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Oh Moochie, don't do it! For your mom, stop eating yourself. Though, I have to admit those chubby little fists look tasty. :)

Those botties are adorable. Thanks for linking them. I may give them a go.

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is my grandson???!!! That one that I just left about a week ago? Dang! In just that time I had to do a double take he has changed sooooo much! Cute little booties! I love the way you bring out "The Beast"! When I was your age the computerized machines were my "Beast". Love, Mom
PS: I want to still be down there!!! :(

12:29 PM  
Anonymous joymama said...

Awesome baby boy and awesome bootie pattern.

thanks for sharing them both.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

He looks just like Chunky! Too cute!

My word verification is "manesse". Sounds like the male equivalent of a feminine hygiene product.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Okay, this: "One of the associate attorneys at work is expecting a baby girl in August with his wife." Is quite the funny sentence LOL

6:31 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I turned on my sewing machine yesterday and the fancy touch screen is now almost invisible. That so stinks and kills me but the thing IS 14 years old so..... Still, it's killing me, I can't change any settings....

I remember, this is not all about me... those are such cute booties!!!! And Moochie is adorable- Chunky's clone!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Mooch man is getting bigger and cuter each we see him! Cute shoes too!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

He is so cute! It *almost* makes me yearn for another one, but five is probably enough ... and then, I have my granddaughter, too ;). Still ...

Love the booties! And I can actually relate to those, as I'm a sewer, but not a knitter, although the only thing I can really sew is pajama pants. I guess if you're good at something ... :).

10:18 PM  
Blogger janna said...

I'm so frightened of sewing machines that I gave mine away. But those booties are so cute! And so is Moochie, of course.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

He's so freakin' adorable! The kimono slippers are very cute - do they come in 6-year old size, too?

7:39 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

He is so cute! I was going to comment of how cute the booties were - but then you showed Moochie and I kind of forgot the rest of the post!

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute booties! My sewing machine is 50+ years old and knock wood, it still works. It was an old portable my Mom bought right before she & my Dad got married. When she got a new machine, I got the old one. Uncle Joe refinished an old cabinet and dropped the machine in that.

Moochie is just so cute! He is getting so big.

Love,
Aunt Susan

8:39 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

He is freaking adorable.

and I like the shoes.

9:57 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

that panda fabric is just too cute. love the baby shoes.

10:16 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

What great slippers! Off to download that pattern now. In case I ever succeed in sewing more than a crooked line.

5:04 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Damn cute is right!!! Look at those eyes!!

I want to gobble him up...too cute!!!!

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home