Monday, April 27, 2009

This Will Curl Your Teeth

Presenting the "cookie" of the week.

I actually made these for Dr. Mad Scientist's Tuesday night class potluck.

100_6987

Smores Brownies by Joy the Baker.

Sister T. turned me on to this blog. Joy the Baker is like the Brooklyn Tweed of the baking world. Except substitute yawn worthy coffee mug poses with flowery-vintage tableware.

I will say I enjoy Joy the Baker more because she's got personality. Brooklyn Tweed doesn't have much personality. He doesn't let much of his non-knitting personal life bleed into his fuzzy semi focus shots of tweedy knittedness. I don't know if this is intentional or not--and if so, whatever flips his hand throw coffee mug--but it's part of the reason I can't get into his blog and find it kind of flat.

I like my knitting blogs a little personal. It doesn't have to spell out everything about you, but post a picture of your cat/dog/gerbil/chinchilla or complain about your neighbors or something...

But maybe I missing his more personal posts. The snowflurry of panties being thrown can obscure the view sometimes.

Anyway, departing from this subject, I had intended to make a batch of these for me and Chunky for our lunches. But these are RICH and HUGE brownies. I highly doubt they'll be consumed 100% by Dr. Mad Scientist's class. I figure Chunky and I will just eat the leftovers in our lunch.

You'll excuse me now. I ate 1/2 of one of these when I was plating them, and now I'm nursing a wicked chocolatey sugary hangover.

Labels:

23 Comments:

Blogger knottygnome said...

i like to think that BT's personal life is just as boring as mine is, and therefore not really blog-worthy.

i think i'm more of an eye-candy kind of gal anyway. 80% of the blogs i read, i'm just looking for pretty pictures and skimming the text (present company excluded, of course)
:-)

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you didn't say what was in these sugary goodnesses? What made the light dots on the top?
I don't know why I ask cause I will probably never make them but they do look good. Love, Mom

8:23 AM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Oh mama! These caught my eye, too! While the richness makes me want to say they're more of a "winter treat" they are s'mores. So, it's a "summer treat."

These are definitely going to be someone's inner-dessert.

-T.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Hmmm... We had a very bad in-joke at my last school, "You want they come? What you gonna feed them?" (Sometimes Hawai'i folk are none too subtle(love them).

Not to bad-talk my old colleagues, leftover treats from a class for teachers? Good luck! I think we're only second to PhDs on the scavenge for food when you can/survival lists :).

9:13 AM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

It's been too long since I had an honest-to-god S'more. Maybe we'll sneak that into the schedule this summer. Yum!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Brena said...

I always plan on making smores but never get past the "oh! i've got a gooey marshmellow and i must stuff it in my mouth.". Maybe these brownies would let me get to the chocolate/marshmellow goodness.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Do you have a license for those? They look lethal!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

how did you know I was looking for a brownie recipe? I have already printed it up for use! You have psychic powers. Now if you could just get the lotto numbers or something.

11:25 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

I think I got a cavity just looking at those!

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The goodness of a smore without having a campfire. Works for me. I love jazzed up brownies (love the bitchin' brownies & so do my bowling buds).

Health care workers can give anyone a run for their money on leftover sweet snacks (we need them sometimes to get through our shift!).
Love, Aunt Susan

1:15 PM  
Blogger maggie said...

bless you.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I followed that link and am now in love. Like Joy, I love my marshmallows very brown. I have to put that stuff on the grocery list for next time.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Oooh, brownies are my absolute favorite chocolate dessert (or I should just say dessert, because I really don't like any non-chocolate ones, pound cake excluding)! Those brownies look sooooooo good!

6:16 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Now I'm off in search of that recipe, YUM.

6:23 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Ok, I'm a dumbass...I just realized you were kind enough to supply the linky.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Whoa! Those look right up my alley!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Gulp...I'd kill for one of those brownies right now....

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Necia said...

Bez, I'm gonna jump out the window now, just by looking at these cookies. I caught a major sugar rush. Lol. They look fantastic though. How did they go over?

12:29 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow those look good. I thought you were going to say you were nursing a wicked chocolatey Moochie, LOL. Man my brain's been pudding lately!

2:03 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Crap. Just what I need..another fabulous baking blog to read! I see some banana oatmeal break in my future (oh, and those pancakes!!!). Thank you!!!

12:05 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Ah, that explains the difficult-to-place muffled boom I heard the other evening coming from the direction of the university -- it was the sound of a class-full of curling teeth.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Egads. I gained two pounds just looking at that picture.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

We made these this week. They were good. I love how the brownie is more cake like. Thanks for sharing!

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home