Wednesday, May 27, 2009

3rd Circle of Hell

You know your day is going to be wonderful when you walk to your desk twenty minutes before your day is supposed to officially start and your bottom of the totem pole boss pops out of his cubicle when he hears you approach and before you can say "You're here early!" because he never shows up before 9:00 a.m., and he apologizes in advance to you about how much he's going to make your day suck.

And he was right, it did suck. But it's done now. And like the pain of a tattoo, childbirth, or having your offspring ripped from your loins, I'm sure by tomorrow I'll forget all about it.

I didn't, however, forget about Cookie of the Week!

100_7110

I really need to come up with a more appealing backdrop than foil or the cooling rack for my cookie pictures.

These are a "breakfast cookie." The recipe consists of shredded carrots, apples, coconut and of course lots of sugar and fat.

Still has to be healthier than a bowl of fruit loops though right?

They're good, but like many of the other fruit-based cookies I've baked, they're very cakey and soft. Which isn't so bad, but it makes them hard to store, they tend to mold together.

But not like finding a giant lump of cookie in my lunch ever made life horrible!

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Rebel said...

Yeah, I remember that. The days that started before my butt even hit my chair.... those were hell.

6:57 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Cookie lup lunch sounds like a good thing!

I know my day is going ot be hell when the phone is ringing off the hook before we open. That is never a good sign.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

That's why I don't check my work email before going in to the office in the mornings. I don't want to know in advance if my day is going to be full of suckage.

For soft, cakey cookies, I find that a layer of wax paper in between layers prevents alot of the molding together.

9:19 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

They look good! I've always done the waxed paper trick too.

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cookies look good. I love cookies for breakfast. The wax paper does the trick.

When I go into work & the shift before is not in the dept....not a good sign. Usually it means they are in ER or one of the ICUs with a bad patient. That just puts the rest of the day behind-some treatments get missed or get done late. Got to keep everyone breathin'! Love, Aunt Susan

8:07 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

It's more expensive at the outset, but I have a cookie plastic storage box with pre-measured & cut-to-fit parchment paper separators (only used when needed otherwise live in a poly bag under the box).

I've found parchment paper lasts multiple many more uses than waxed paper, just wipe off the crumbs. replace when it gets too oily or brittle.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hummmmmm, I wonder how those cookies would be if you made them with splenda? Where did you get the recipe?
I agree with everyone else that wax paper would do the trick.
As for bad days....Its nice to have a mindless job where no one really expects anything of you!!
Love, Mom

9:16 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Yeah back when I ran the call center I always hated the days I showed up and before I'd even got into the room someone had found me outside and said "Oh good! You're here!."

6:48 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I'm having one of those days myself. I finally got to sit and eat by breakfast about 3 hours after the first time I tried to do it. :)
The Cookies sound great!

2:16 PM  
Anonymous sarah said...

Those sound good.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Those cookies sound very good! :) I'll have to remember that wax paper idea too!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Those look good. I'd eat the whole batch if I made them....I love those sorts of cookies. No one else does around here.

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home