Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Come With Me

Let us put on our sunhats and stroll around The Estate shall we?

100_7111

Outside the front door to our Bezidence we have a lush array of potted goods.

100_7112

Planted in the crock of the crockpot that went tits up this winter we have the Super Elfin Hot Impatiens. They're doing quite well.

Next to them is a box of lettuce mix that tasted quite good on our Memorial Day barbequed burgers (even if mine wasn't cooked all the way thru).

Then comes my primrose and hardy mommum--both doing quite well. I'm enjoying the second flowering on the primrose and can't wait for the electric purple mommums to bloom this fall.

Finally there are the peas which are blooming quite nicely. I'm hoping to train them to grab onto the railing there. We'll see.

Wending our way down the stairs we come across the other half of my pot garden.

100_7113


Starting at the right, there's my box of radishes. We'll see if those actually work this year. Last year I didn't space them far enough apart and they never "radished" out. They stayed skinny. Like tough red carrots.



Next to the radishes is a pot of either squash, cucumbers or pumpkins. They all look the same as young seedlings, so I'm not sure which it is.



In the small pail is a teeny little marigold sprout. Sprouted from some seeds I saved from the ever so hardy little Mother's Day marigold Chunky gave me last year. I'm quite excited the baby of my Mother's Day plant has sprouted!

Then I've got the salvia kickin' it.

The oregano slowly coming up next to that.

My taters--also starting slowly.

Finally there's a pot of squash/cuke/pumpkin with bachelor buttons or possibly a daisy--I can't remember which and another pot of squash/cuke/pumpkins.

Inside on the windowsill--perhaps the "sun room" of The Estate?--I have my basil and catnip plants I planted last year. They both made it through the winter and have exploded with growth!

I don't think basil is a perrenial--so I've got plans to replace this plant.

100_7115

See, now THIS is a fundraiser I can get behind. Screw tricky trays. I ordered a basil plant and rosemary. I don't really ever use rosemary, but Chunky's class planted the rosemary, so I had to get some. I'll find something to do with it.

Plus it was great fun sending him to school with an envelope of cash labeled: "Herb Money."

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I really like the idea of a plant sale!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Your garden is coming along nicely ... as usual :). It's good to see that you've kept up with your pot garden. I love the lettuce. We're harvesting a salad every couple of days, too. It's nice to have fresh greens, isn't it?

And the plant sale? Wonderful idea! Books and plants are the two things I rarely say no to.

9:07 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hehe..Bezzie's Herb Garden! Looking good! I use rosemary (about 3 sprigs) in the belly of a whole chicken with a cut up lemon! Bake until done...Fabulous!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

LOVE the plant sale idea. The gardens are looking great!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Now that is one smart fundraiser. Pi's school never does anything that clever.

Your pot garden looks good. Mine isn't fairing so well this year.

Tell the tour guide that he really is going to be a heartbreaker!

7:22 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

The plant sale is a nice idea. I think you might like rosemary if you use it on things like roasted potatoes or chicken even. I cut up potatoes and sprinkle with salt pepper olive oli and rosemary and back in the oven - yum! You could even just stuff a sprig or two inside a chicken that is roasting.

To help you train the peas up the railing, it might be easier if you use some string to create a little net like structure for the tendrils to grad a hold to.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved the tour. Don't forget to tip the guide. He is very cute.

Plant sale-great idea for a school fund raiser. Gets the kids involved in the process. They probably liked digging in the dirt & then watching the plants grow.

I like my flowers around the yard. I might have to think about planting herbs and such.

Love, Aunt Susan

8:10 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Hee Herb money. I like it too :)

9:04 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

He he, herbs.

Rosemary just smells nice and comforting. And yeah, ditto about the potatoes and roasting chicken. I'll also throw some in when boiling chicken parts for stock to make that boiling chicken smell not so strong.

I'm thinking the next place I live will need a deck/stairs/access to sunlight...my little plants look pathetic.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah! Nice tour of the estate! Looks like your pot garden is going good. I planted my flowers yesterday and took out my geraniums. Plus I watered my wild flower garden. This set of plants in my aurogarden are not doing too well and I don't know why. I think that I will change the bulbs and treat for bugs, and hope that that will clear them up. The cherry tomatoes that I transfered to pots are doing real well. I am on my third harvest with them.

Tip the tour guide with a kiss!
Love, Mom

9:54 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Hehehe, I like that you have a couple of mystery pots!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

An herb sale is a damn good idea for a fund raiser. You can use fresh rosemary on roasted potatoes. Sprinkle some olive oil and some rosemary 'leaves', toss and put in oven or on bbq. Yum.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Carina said...

Rosemary's awesome on chicken. If you do a chicken in the crockpot, put a sprig inside the cavity. To save it, process just the leaves with some olive oil, fill ice cube trays with the mixture, top off with more olive oil, and freeze. That way, whenever you need a tsp or so of dried, you can use the frozen and have more flavor.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

Rosemary goes great on roast potatoes. I also think it is tasty, mixed into burgers :0)

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

i about spit out my bacon on the "herb money" envelope!! LOL

almost. bacon is GOOOD! heh.

ME WANT HERB GARDEN!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Bread with rosemary. The only reason I bought rosemary this year. I can smell it already. Now, to actually MAKE the bread....

12:36 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Rosemary is also great on beef if you eat it. Add some garlic...mmm delish.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Those are fundraisers I like too!
Moochie looks so regal touring the estate :)

4:32 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

If only the note said that additional herbs could be picked up at 4:20 on pick up day. That would have been priceless!

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home