Friday, May 08, 2009

It's Been a Boring Week

What can I say? Or not say as the case may be.

I did finish something knitted.

But I can't show it to you. Not for another few weeks.

I'll entertain you with my pot garden instead.

I've got to re-pot my seedlings on the windowsill this weekend:
100_7021

The cold weather plants are doing well. If I were a plant, I would be one of these guys.

The lettuce mix is doing well.

100_7022

The primrose I bought when my Youngest Younger Sister was here in February and we went to the NJ Flower and Garden show is blooming again.

100_7023

My hardy "mom" plant is doing well too.

100_7024

The purple one survived the winter--the yellow one did not. I'll be honest, I liked the purple one better anyway!!

My peas are doing well too. I'm thinking I might thin the pot some though. Five seems like a lot for one pot.

100_7025

Finally, Chunky's HSA (think PTA but with an acronym that sounds like a disease) had their spring plant sale. I sent him to school with $5 and he came home with these.

100_7020

That's Salvia on the right, and two impatiens. I love impatiens (another shade lover)!! He did good picking! Plus I love the name of the type of impatiens he bought: Super Elfin' Hot.

Hopefully it won't be too super elfin' hot out this weekend and I'll get these babies planted A-OK!!!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger weezalana said...

Super Elfin' Hot, LOL! I think someone may have been dipping into a *different* type of pot garden when they named that one.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I love impatiens. They bloom for so long with happy little flowers. Chunky has good taste.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Heehee, we have a HSA too. I attended some of the meetings last year, but the women in it turned me off so much I never bothered to go back.

I'm really annoyed with them because they didn't have a plant sale this year. Instead, they had like a flea market thing and charged my poor kid 6 bucks for a teddy bear that I can probably stick on my keychain.

Chunky made out like a bandit with the plants. 3 for %5 is pretty good, I think. Good luck with the planting!

10:16 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Personally, I love salvia -- it did great in my very sunny front garden in San Antonio!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Linnea said...

I have no idea what a HSA is, but Chunky did a great job in his plant selection. Can I hire him as a horticulture consultant once we get to San Antonio and I need to figure out what the heck you're supposed to do to get plants to grow down there?

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chunky did good. I think the impatients I got are the Super Elfin' Hot also. I planted those in my flower bed that is around the tree in the front yard. I have a random variety for the rest of my planters that I put on the deck. I still have to get some tomato plants to put out. Love, Aunt Susan

7:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice seedlings and plants. Chunky did real good for his $5! I just bought a couple more geraniums. Now I have a white, pink and red. The red I have had for years and thought that I was going to loose it, but I bought some jobe sticks and that thing is doing real well! Now I give it some of those sticks every now and then and the thing blooms all winter and summer!! Love, Mom

7:49 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

You are awesome Bezzie.

I kill everything. Good Lord. Shel brought home a plant from her school co-op. Cat started to eat it....okay then he knocked it over onto her computer keyboard....oh the mess.

I put it outside. I guess it was too cold. Killed it.

She brought home another plant Friday from school. I told her to tell them how happy I am that they sent me another plant to kill LOL They are pansies....I think I should be okay with them......maybe.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm with Christina - my kids' school's PTA unfortunately has some snobby moms who look at anyone who's not in their little clique (mostly stay at home moms, live in the big expensive houses by the lake, have husbands with white-collar jobs, etc) like they have fleas. I do try to volunteer at their school when I can, but I know I'll never fit in with a lot of the moms.

My kids' school has a plant sale also, but there's really nothing less than $10, and you have to order the plants in advance and pick them up later. It's not a sale where the kids can buy some plants and bring them home. I love flowers, but don't have much of a green thumb. I either forget to water plants, or my kids overwater them and kill them, ha, ha! I may attempt to plant some vegetables in pots on my sunporch this year though.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I am also hoping for not elfin hot weather this weekend. Also no rain. We need to paint the porch railing. It is all rusty and I don't want the house to look like it's trashy. But I need not cold, not hot and non rainy weather to do it in. Ideal would be arm and not too sunny. So the hubbunny can come out without fearingthe scorchingrays of the white hot fireball in the sky.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Your pot garden is looking great. There's no such thing as too many pea shoots -- they're a spring delicacy when cooked like greens.

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home