Sunday, May 10, 2009

Of Waffles and Poop

I woke up today , my first Mother's Day as a mother of two, at 7:30 a.m. to the paint peeling screeches of a Moochie exercising his octave range.

They weren't shrieks of anger, discomfort, annoyance, hunger, or anything bad. No, they were just shrieks for the sake of shrieking.

It's a damn thing he's cute or we would have to sell him to the space banditos.

The boys showered me with their gifts.

Chunky had a beautiful card he made me at school--seen here with the Dr. Mad Scientist trademark camera strap in the corner of the picture.

100_7038

The boys got me a waffle iron!

100_7041

As much as I hate appliances, I've wanted a waffle iron for some unknown reason.

Dr. Mad Scientist got me the "space saver" model. It stores on it's side for more compact storage.

Moochie got me a special gift to go with my waffle iron.

100_7043

Frozen blueberries!

Ha ha! So when three boys hand you a waffle iron and blueberries--you make breakfast!

100_7047

And yes, I made breakfast. I like baking my own birthday cake too.

Sofar, a great day.

Moochie was even so kind as to give me a present he made all by himself!!

You see, there's something about our computer chair that makes him poop. EVERY TIME I sit him on my lap while I'm 'putering--he goes a pootering himself.

This time though, he did a really diaper-buster and managed to crap on ME too! Such a sweetie! Especially since this is the fourth time now he's managed to crap on me.

I don't know if he's just been blessed with powerful rocket-bowels or diaper technology has really gone to pot (pun completely intended) since Chunky was in diapers.

Again, it's a good thing he's cute, or it would be off to the space banditos!

Happy Mothers' Day to everyone because think about it, if you didn't exist, someone wouldn't be quite the mother she is.

100_6898

Labels: , , ,

21 Comments:

Blogger weezalana said...

Blueberry waffles, yum! I'm a sucker for breakfast sugar.

Happy Mother's Day!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Happy Mother's Day!

12:42 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

Happy Mothers Day! We indulged in strawberry waffle this morning - waffles are a Sunday tradition. I also chose to turn down the offer to take me to dinner as going out with two two year olds is no gift, so I am making the dinner..and doing so with a smile on my face.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Our waffle iron is on our most-used appliance list, so worth the space. The way we work it is, Scott makes the batter and starts the first set. Then I take over and keep 'em going until the batter is used up.

I think my first-born was the super-duper-pooper of my two. The little guy was never quite as prolific.

1:22 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

nice! i love my waffle-maker more than is acceptable.

happy mother's day!

5:11 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Happy Mothers Day! The cats didn't get me a thing -- I would have liked a waffle iron!

(verification word: tailimbo -- limbo made by passing under an animal's tail)

6:56 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Happy Mom's Day to you!

I didn't make breakfast, and my family took me out to lunch ... which, because of the almost two hour wait, actually became dinner ;) ..., but if they'd given me a waffle iron, I'd have made breakfast, too. Looks like it was yummy!

Every one of my kids (all five!) pooped on me ... more than once, and usually out in public ... except, maybe, the last one, and we used cloth diapers with the last two. Go figure.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I didn't cook a thing today. Fortunately, I have a husband who likes to cook so he took over the kitchen today. And I'm not even his mother.

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! Love the pic of you & your Mom.

Waffles...yum! Your breakfast looked great. Love, Aunt Susan

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Elizabeth said...

I had an itch for a waffle iron - specifically a Belgian waffle iron (why? who knows) and now that I have one, I think "how did I live without this?" I don't use it daily (or even weekly) but I love it.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Sounds like an excellent time was had by all. Well, up to the Moochie-pooping-on-you-part.

And if it was a waffle iron you wanted, then that is an excellent present! (says the woman who has asked for and gotten a label maker and a stick blender on special occasions)

9:37 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Happy Mother's Day!!! Looks like your boys spoiled you!! Yum for waffles :)

2:00 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day, poop and all :)

5:36 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Happy Mother's Day!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Can I come over to your house for breakfast?

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! Hahahaha! That Moochie sure likes that computer chair that is where he got me twice when I was there! I'll be a space bandito if you want to get rid of him! I'll be a space bandito for Chunky also! Love, Mom

8:02 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

I love waffles! I even found some recipies in Southern Living for some savory waffles for dinner.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Waffles AND poop! What a great day!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Delicious looking waffles (heck the whole breakfast!) Hehe..my daughter would wait until she got into the tub...then, well you know...I'd be cleaning her and the tub!!ggrrr

Great pic of you and Mom!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Looks like you had a delicious mother's day!!!

Okay well minus the crap from the diaper but the waffles by far make up for it ;)

I love the pic of you and your mom...very sweet!

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

Happy Mommy's Day, sweetstuff!! Glad you got good gifts. ALL of them. LOL

FWIW, hispanics say when you get smeared with poop it's good $$ luck. To me, it's just poop.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home