Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Off Season Ambitions

I was putzing around the internets last week when I found this on Joann.com:

100_7064

Colorado State University fabric--100% cotton.

I bought 5 yards.

Yeah, I went a little overboard. But I also got that 5 yards for $19.98 before shipping & handling. Not too shabby.

I've been saving these since Chunky was a little Chunkito.

100_7089

That would be a stack of Colorado State onesies, t-shirts, and sweatshirts that Chunky wore when he was an infant and toddler.

Now, a true cheapass would hand these down to Moochie to wear. However, a true CSU fan would insist that her boy have their own individual spiritwear. Hee hee.

Instead I think I might make a quilted wallhanging out of the fabric I scored and that stack of Chunky shirts.

Dr. Mad Scientist was very open to the idea--and even mentioned it would make a great decoration to his Man Cave.

Now he doesn't yet have Man Cave and he won't until we buy a house. That's at least four years off. And his Man Cave then might just be a corner of the basement (because I can guarantee any house we buy WILL have a basement--there are tornados EVERYWHERE!).

Which means I have plenty of time to finish this!!!!

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Sarah said...

You don't want a basement around here... I guess you could call it an indoor pool...
Much better colors to work with than LSU if you've got to live with it!!

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha!! The apple does not fall far from the MOM tree!!! Not a bad price for that fabric. Need any help just say the word. Love, Mom

8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Score with the material. I'm always looking for the deals.

Having a basement is a good thing. We have our family room in the basement. That is where we hole up in the winter(in the summer it's the 3 seasons room off our kitchen).

Love, Aunt Susan

8:20 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

I am a firm believer in basements! Great score on the fabric!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

My parents have a basement that still strikes fear in my nearly 30 year old heart. Its haunted, I tell you. Basements = great for tornados and ghosts that won't go away/.

9:06 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

it's nice to have plenty of time. if it were me, it'd probably take 4 years to finish.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

You'd better get ready. If Dad gets a man cave, you can bet the boys will want one too. One each.

9:44 AM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Y'all are weird with your school spirit.

-T.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I grew up in a big family in a tiny, cramped one story ranch house with no attic, basement, or laundry room, so now I refuse to ever buy a one-story house. I live in a bungalow now. It has a regular upstairs though (2 of the bedrooms and a half bath are upstairs, unlike some bungalows that have one giant room upstairs). We don't have an attic, but we have a basement (which is the only part of the house that's not sweltering during the summer, with no central air). My dream house though is a big old Tudor house by the lake. Ah, maybe someday!

5:21 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I've always wanted a house with a basement--but I'd probably be too scared to go down in it.

6:31 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Just don't move to earthquake country. Not one basement in all of Southern California.

Good grief, I am SO HAPPY I don't live out there anymore. This week's series of quakes have all been less than 5 miles from our old house.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

All I can think of is pillow cases. Fast, easy and you can use 'em now and for a long while...

Super Eggplant has a tutorial.

PS: The quakes haven't been so bad, just odd for my displaced self.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Great idea a t'quilt, and with matching pillow cases too ;) I miss my basement. I had a wood furnace that dried my clothes and just all that space, I miss!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Go crafter go!

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home