Sunday, June 14, 2009

Believe it or Not

I do still knit.

Yesterday Chris and I met up to check out the Spinnery in Frenchtown. It was um, OK. Not as spinny or yarny as I would have liked. But now we can say we've been there and done that.

Chris spotted a really good deal though.

Balls of 100 yds of 100% silk for $5 marked down from $25.

She nailed a ball of black and a pretty green, and I grabbed this ball.

100_7177

I'm not really jazzed about anything I'm knitting right now now that the Canine Porcine Panda is done.

A scarf I'm designing for a friend isn't turning out the way I want it and I might just frog it and start fresh later.

And the Kate's Cardigan has been languishing. I need to just pick up and start back up on her, but I'm just not feeling the love for it right now.

This ball of $5 loveliness is the perfect palate cleanser.

I cast on a simple drop stitch scarf (Chris's idea for this yarn!)

100_7176

And knit away while I did laundry.

I think I'll name it the Exit 151 Scarf since the stitch is #151 from The Book of Knitting and Crochet and traffic on the Garden State Parkway on our way home was AWFUL. Getting to Exit 151 took for-ever! (Ok, maybe it was actually Exit 150 going the direction we were going...I can never keep 'em straight!)

Which wasn't good because Mr. Mooch was hungry and screaming the whole way home.

100_7173-2

Bad segue I know. But I'll leave you with a picture of both my boys.

100_7175

Sometimes I wonder how a chubby little boy can turn into the stringbean that is Chunky now. Believe it or not he was a LOT chubbier than Mr. Moochie is when he was that age. He didn't earn the name Chunky for nothin'.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the color of the yarn. It will be a nice looking scarf.

I'm sure Moochie will slim down once he gets moving around more. He'll have to keep up with Chunky!

Those darn swines...they keep showing up.

Love, Aunt Susan

9:40 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

A dropped stitch is perfect for that yarn! It looks like raspberry sorbet!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Pretty scarf - I love the color! My kids were both chubby babies, but are now both thin. My daughter is only about an inch or two shorter than me now, and her feet are as big as mine. My husband and I are both short, but have tall relatives on both sides of the family, so I'm hoping she inherited the height gene, because I've always hated being short!

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember Chunky being chunky! I think that Tall Skinny Boy ate him!!!

That silk yarn if very pretty, it will look good in whatever you make out of it.
Love, Mom

1:17 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

That is a deal and a half! The dropstitch is showing off the shiny silk very nicely.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Um... Frenchtown is no where near the parkway... how on earth did you guys get there? Next time, 78 to 31S to rt 12.. or 22 to 31 to 12

6:02 PM  
Anonymous sarah said...

That pink is great! My kids were skinny babies, I love a chunk-a-bunk baby :)

6:33 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

My very chubby babies grew into thin young ladies. I love a chubby baby. They are so kissable. I love the color of the yarn you got. I've never used that kind of flat yarn. Sometimes you need something to spark your interest.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

My Teddy was the same, now he's so lean . I like your raspberry silk yarn bargain.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Whenever you guys are hitting the yarn shops down my way, don't forget to call me!! :)

The boys are such cutie pies.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Pretty SIP! Cute pic of the boys. My son had John Houseman jowls!! He doesn't now LOL!

10:36 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Love those boys!! Too cute!!!

That pink is perfect and I love the drop stitch scarf pattern!

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home