Monday, June 01, 2009

How Now Brown CoW?

Cookie of the Week is a simple brownie.

100_7118

Mmmmm...does it really get any better?

Maybe. Perhaps a brownie without nuts. I added those for Dr. Mad Scientist who won't eat brownies without nuts. Chunky and I can't eat a whole batch of brownies in our lunches over the week, so nuts it was.

I guess Dr. Mad Scientist likes his own kind.

Someday when I'm old and independently wealthy I'll open my own cookieria.

NOT a Mrs. Fields-type establishment.

Something like those boutique cupcake bakeries you see in big cities.

My sister T. and I have determined that cupcakes are great for cities with lots of walk up traffic but they make no sense for a suburban setting.

I mean have you ever tried driving and eating a decadent cupcake? It would be a mess.

Thus where my dream job of running a cookieria comes in. Cookies are much easier to eat on the go. If you're driving and eating a cookie you just get crotch crumbs which are easily brush-offable when you reach your destination--not a noseful of buttercream frosting.

Not that I'd knock a boutique cupcake if one were to magically appear in front of me right now--I'm just saying. Every baked good has it's geographical setting.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

I would totally join you if you branched out a bit. You love cookies, I keep baking cakes and such. Today it was strawberry coffee cake. Still in the oven. When hubby gets home at almost 10 we'll taste it!

8:03 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

brownie, cupcake, if it showed up in front of me right now, I'd eat it!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

See, Mr. Batty and I agree: Brownies must not, under any circumstances, have nuts in them. Chocolate chips are desirable. Fudgy, not cakey. See? We agree on all the important things in life.

8:35 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

So a cookeria with a potato farm in the back?

8:47 PM  
OpenID knitv said...

The problem with 99 percent of the cupcake stores these days is even if they are in a city, they are rarely fresh enough. I've only found one cupcake store even remotely worth the 3.50 they charge for them - Kara's Cupcakes in Palo Alto, CA, and it's not even on the main drag! I'd much prefer a gourmet cookie store any day!!!!

P.S. - fudgy brownies with nuts for me, and icing is nice too!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Ok, drooling and in need of chocolate here! I'd so find and buy your cookies!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

It's 8:13 am and now I want a brownie for breakfast.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Now I need brownies....and you would so rock in the whole cookeria business!

I'd place orders for you to mail to me!

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Mmmm, a cookieria...
That would be suburban bliss. So would a mini cupcake boutique, bite sized cupcakes to pop in your mouth?

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows, you could start a national cookie chain. I'd get in on that. Family business? I'm sure it would be better than Mrs. Fields. Love, Aunt Susan

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well....If I had a brownie in front of me right now I would gobble it down nuts or no nuts. Dang I can't remember the last time that I had a brownie!! That is the thing no kids in the house to bake for and can't really have them so...none are in the house.

Love, Mom

9:45 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

I like cookies and brownies w/ pecans in them, not no stinking walnuts like my husband likes, but then again, I love walnut pie and german chocolate cake w/ walnuts in lieu of pecans. Go figure. I am hungry.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

We have something like that in the town where I used to work and I was shocked at the business that she got!
The cookies were a little pricey, but totally worth it.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

bezzie... that's profound.


There is no baked good for Thailand, 99.99% of people don't have ovens, just stoves or woks. The best we can do for cake-type products is Roti, fried crepe/pancake type things topped with sweetened condensed milk *and* sugar. I'd love to see a decent brownie about now.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

If you don't like nuts in your brownies (and I know I don't eew!), can you sprinkle only one third of the pan with nuts, once you've poured the brownie batter in.

I do this with ham in quiche, as not everyone will eat the ham.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

I wonder if you could do a limited edition CoW on Etsy. Packing and shipping could be issues....

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home