Sunday, June 07, 2009

Reveal Part 1

Remember this?

100_7083

And this?

100_7117

I'll give you a hint--the first thing was inside that bundle.

It was a baby-shower gift for Val (over at the House of Wool Repute--which I can never get to load anymore for some reason...).

And here's what it was.

100_7084
Unblocked in this picture--it looked a smidge better after blocking!

Very cute--but not very practical. I realized AFTER I knit them that the crotch doesn't open.

The stats:

Pattern: Baby Shortalls from Knit Simple (yes! a cute Knit Simple pattern!)

Yarn: TLC Cotton Plus in Moss and Cream. My fave workhorse yarn and great for a summer baby.

Needles: US 7/G Hook

Notes: Cute pattern and very easy to modify. Like I said, if I knit it again, I would have made it so the crotch snapped open and closed for better diaper-accessibility.

I did a LOT of mods to this pattern. I didn't do the edging like the pattern suggested. I did a simple crocheted edge instead of picking up stitches. I also made buttonholes on the straps instead of doing button loops at the end of the straps. Finally, I skipped the cross-stitching detail the original pattern called for on the edges. I decided to put the lazy daisy on the chest instead. I hadn't planned to put the button in the center of the daisy, but when I had the extra button, it was too perfect not to put it in the center.

I actually added this one to The Place That Shall Not Be Named since there were only two examples of this pattern on there.

It was great seeing Val whom I haven't seen since MDS&W 2008 and the next time I see her she'll have her little Aby Bay!

I've got one more thing to show you from that bundle, but it's going to have to wait.

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Thank you again! It really is adorable! And hopefully it won't be another year before we hang out again. I need to get to Jersey sometime (that's a hint for Karen)!

The House of Wool Repute site is down; we're in the process of switching providers, but it's apparently become more complicated. Ugh.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

The jumper is stinkin' cute! I love the lazy daisy with the cutton in the middle. It adds that special touch.

I love TLC cotton too. Great stuff. And you reminded me I have a baby shower this month. Gotta get started.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Impractical, but adorable!



kinda like babies =P

10:51 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

So adorable!

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really cute! Who wouldn't want to put their baby in something like that? The snapless crotch may not be that big of a deal, not all babies are like Moochman and have rocket bowels! Can't wait to see the rest of what is in that bundle. Love, Mom

12:55 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

That is really cute! I'm excited to see you did a crocheted edging! And I love the lazy daisy too. I've tried to do the lazy daisy embroidery before, and it looks so simple, but I just can't get the hang of it.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Awww it's too cute!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Very cute, and I love the TLC cotton plus. I wish they sold it here. :)

5:51 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

My goodness! That is just too darned cute! Love it!

12:38 AM  
Blogger Linnea said...

Ohhh, that's really cute! and I really like the crocheted edging. Do you think that the crotch not opening is a big enough deal for a mom? I don't have kids, so I don't know, but I'd love to knit it.

6:32 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I love the jumper, it's too cute!

I swear, next get together is at my house, for realz. :)

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too darn cute! Like the color choice. Love, Aunt Susan

9:12 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

very cute!

9:34 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

You always come up iwth some of the cutest little baby knits around!

10:59 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Impractical schimpractical, it's adorable! (Now say that three times fast.)

12:16 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Very cute!
With or without crotch

5:55 PM  
Blogger Mother Necessity said...

That is just lovely - it's so cute, it's worth having to pull off to get to the diaper!

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

HA! those are SO Cute! who cares if they don't snap at the bottom!

12:29 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Really, really cute. Nice work!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

yup, adorable and cute!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home