Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sweet Sassy Molassy

I actually finished something!

It's the simple drop-stitch scarf out of the $25-marked-down-to-$5 silk ribbon yarn I bought with Chris when we went to go check out the Suckery Spinnery in Frenchtown. I shouldn't be so mean, it was an OK yarn store. Nothing I'd make the trip out to visit again though.

Since it was only 100 yards, it's not that long of a scarf.

More of a scarflette.

Or maybe an ascot of sorts.

100_7264

The stats:

Pattern: My "own" using stitch design 151 from The Book of Knitting and Crochet.

Yarn: The aforementioned mystery $5 silk ribbon.

Needles: US7

Notes: Meh, it's not my finest work. I somehow managed to add and then drop a few stitches in the middle. So it kind of bottlenecks a bit. The rose buttons--while I like them and think they add a nice touch repeating the crinkly-ness of the silk ribbon yarn, are a little too big for the drop stitch holes. But with a little work, they get on there.

I'm not much of a scarf person. This one might go to Mom.

But it was a nice mindless little knit while I figure out what I want to knit next.

100_7265

Oh yeah, it's so pretty it makes me burp!!!

Labels:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh so those were buttons. I think that I have some just like them. How do you take those pictures of your self? And while burping no less? Love, Mom

12:48 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I think it's pretty - I love the color!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

I think its pretty too. WOuld be a cute accessory for a nice outfit. LOL @ the burpie pic.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Cowl. It's a cowl. Say it with confidence and they will believe. But it won't take any magic at all to get them to agree it's a lovely colour and a cute knit with little rose buttons. Squee!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Starfish said...

yes, a scarflette, but very pretty nonetheless...would look nice with your black coat. that pink is my fav color, so of course I likey.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Um, nice face there, Bez. That scarf looks like something W would adore.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

I'm usually not a fan of pink, but I really like this. It's very bright, which is always a plus, and the softer pink roses make it glow even more. Coolness.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

It is purty - uuuurp! I like it, and think the buttons work, practical and cute.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

The buttons make it :0)

10:01 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

I love the color!! The burp picture made my day too :)

10:01 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

That is such a pretty yarn....love the burp face. You crack me up!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Cute! That's really pretty ribbon.

8:22 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Scarflette, neckwarmer, ascot, cowl - whatever it is, it's purty! Even if it does make you burp like a man.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home