Thursday, June 18, 2009

To Lee Fung With Love

Do you remember my jive o'rific knitting book find back in April?

And how the book had a large section missing--well more like there was a duplicate of a different section stuck in the wrong place where a different section should have been?

Well a week ago Dr. Mad Scientist was attending an AA meeting at a church in the uppity community that brought us such greats as a couple of the guitarists from Stone Temple Pilots and Tom "I'm a Nutbar" Cruise (actually he just graduated from high school in this town).

Apparently the church had had a book sale a few weeks ago and had some books in boxes heading for the trash. When he saw a knitting book--he nailed it for me (whatta guy!).

And now...

100_7206

...I have two.

Which I must say is totally cool--because now between the two books--I have a whole book!

The one Dr. Mad Scientist picked up for me HAS the missing section that the other one does not.

However, it is also effed up. There is a DOUBLE section appearing in here.

The book was printed in 1971 in Hong Kong by Lee Fung Printing Company. Thank you Lee Fung for an interesting scavenger hunt in getting a whole book.

I just can't get over the chance that I'd ever be able to see this book in its entirety. It's not one I see a lot at used bookstores. (Hell, I don't see many good knitting books at used bookstores period! I guess we all hang on to them!)

Dr. Mad Scientist also saw this pamphlet and snagged it for me.

100_7205

Best.husband.ever!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Shrinky Inky said...

holy red jumpsuits, batman, what are the odds??

and yes, best husbands have keen eyeballs (and pay attention - mostly)

8:48 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

You damn hippies!

-T.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Very thoughtful of the Doctor!

7:47 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Now that's what I call a profit-making plan - write a book, eff up the run so certain parts don't print and others print twice. That way everyone who gets it has to buy two! Brilliant!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

That is so cool. What are the odds for finding 2 copies of hte book, both screwed up but in diffeent places????

11:52 AM  
Blogger Linnea said...

How fun! I live Weez's idea, too. Maybe you could stitch the books together and have one, giant, knitting frankenbook.

I spy with my little eye a sewing pattern under the organic gardening book...

4:42 AM  
Anonymous sarah said...

that is wonderful.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home